Windows 10: Second screen blank

Discus and support Second screen blank in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All, I have just upgraded from win 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have 2 screen attached to a usb2.0 to VGA splitter. I have tried to extend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by phillip, Aug 8, 2015.

1. phillip Win User

Second screen blank

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from win 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have 2 screen attached to a usb2.0 to VGA splitter. I have tried to extend to second monitor but all I get is a black screen with a mouse pointer so I know its working!

I have cheked all the drivers on device manager and averythng is as they should be! Here is a screeny of my graphics details,

Second screen blank [​IMG]

Weirdy if I take a screenshot of my entire screenspace I get this.......

Second screen blank [​IMG]

but all I am seeing is a black second screen with a mouse pointer whan I hover over it! I know that the monitor is somewhat dated but it should work ok as it did when I was using Windows 7!

Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks!

:)

phillip, Aug 8, 2015

2. Second Screen goes blank

I have installed windows 10 upgrade on my Toshiba 8 inch tablet and it worked well. However the second screen I have on my desktop was blank. It then came on for a moment then off again. It continued like this so I turned everything off.

Later I went back and turned it all on again and I had a perfect result with both screens working. I did what I had set off to do and was thinking all was well.

The next time I turned it all on it went into the on and off mode on my second screen. Because I was needing to complete some urgent work I rolled the system back to 8.1 and all has been ok.

If I upgrade to windows 10 again (which seem to work well on my Toshiba tablet without the second screen plugged in) will I have the same problem when I try to use it plugged in?

Please help - is it the driver?

Paul

PaulElliott69, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Second Screen goes blank

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I would suggest your computer in clean boot & check if the issue persists.

Clean boot:

Please follow the link to perform a clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

If issue persists suggest you to follow the method 2.

Method: 2

It looks like the current display driver installed in your PC is not compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest you to first
    run the hardware and devices troubleshooter which can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings that could cause issues. Type 'Hardware' in the search box and select
    'Find and fix issues with devices'. If the troubleshooter didn't detect any issues, then I would suggest you to visit the
    PC manufacturer's website to download and install the
    latest drivers. If you couldn't find any drivers for Windows 10,
    download the drivers for the latest Windows OS and install it in compatibility mode. Type
    'Compatibility' in the search box and select 'run programs made for previous version' to run the compatibility troubleshooter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Petey7 Win User

Second screen blank

I know a lot of people have been mentioning issues with the Intel G41 after upgrading to Windows 10. There is this video for updating the driver, but you may just be asking the integrated graphics to do more than its capable of on Windows 10. If you have at least a 350 watt power supply, and a free PCI-E slot, you could try to get an Nvidia GT 600 or GT 610. Retail prices are usually around £30. I realize it might not be ideal, but you'd get much better graphics performance, and should be able to do two monitors just fine.

Someone else might know a better solution.

Petey7, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Second screen blank

1. Second screen blank - Similar Threads - Second screen blank

2. Blank Screen when second HDD is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen when second HDD is connected: Hey Guys.Recently I assembled a new PC with Intel i3 10th Gen processor, ASUS 410H motherboard, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 730GT GPU and 500GB SSD. I used the 500GB SSD as the primary disk and installed Windows10 in it. I had an old PC in which I had 1TB Seagate HDD. All my files were...
  3. Blank Screen when second HDD is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen when second HDD is connected: Hey Guys.Recently I assembled a new PC with Intel i3 10th Gen processor, ASUS 410H motherboard, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 730GT GPU and 500GB SSD. I used the 500GB SSD as the primary disk and installed Windows10 in it. I had an old PC in which I had 1TB Seagate HDD. All my files were...
  4. Blank Screen when second HDD is connected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  6. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  7. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor detected but blank: Product: HP ENVY All-In-One 27-B1XX Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I have a second monitor connected to my all in one desktop. It was working fine till recently start to blinking but now it's black The second monitor is showing in my device manager and...
  8. 5 seconds of blank screen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    5 seconds of blank screen randomly: During browsing only, my screen will blank for about 5 seconds at irregular intervals. I have power options set at sleep-never and blank screen-never, but changing them seems to do no good. 118270
  9. Second monitor detected but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor detected but blank: Hi, After a windows update, my second monitor has become blank. Please see attached image. Details: - It IS recognized in Display Settings - It Is recognized in GeForce Control Panel - When taking a screenshot, it shows up as if nothing is wrong - It is NOT...
  10. Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer momentarily blanks screen for 2 seconds then screen returns: I have an HP AIO Envy Recline computer . Every once in a while the screen turns off for a second or two then it comes back on as if nothing has happened . The time interval between instances is very random . Does not happen every session . I remember this did not happen when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 second screen detected but blank