Windows 10: second screen

Discus and support second screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; just upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 now I find when I project to a second screen it dosnt fill the screen and i'm left with about 2" solid black down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by shello, Aug 18, 2015.

1. shello Win User

second screen

just upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 now I find when I project to a second screen it dosnt fill the screen and i'm left with about 2" solid black down the side.I have tried all the different resolutions but no joy.Any advice?

:)

shello, Aug 18, 2015

2. second screen

when using the "second screen only" display option, the 2nd screen is stuck in tablet mode... Suggestions?

JamesNitram, Aug 18, 2015
  3. cestrade Win User
    Second screen

Start-> Settings-> System

Do you see 2 Monitors? Does your mouse run off, which side of screen onto second display? Play with the picts below. Hit apply after each change.

second screen [​IMG]

second screen [​IMG]

cestrade, Aug 18, 2015
  4. second screen

Try making the 2nd monitor you're connecting the main monitor and see what happens. Did it work fine in Windows 8.1?

shadow2201, Aug 18, 2015
  5. shello Win User
    worked fine with 8.1.no difference changing main monitor.

shello, Aug 18, 2015
  6. What GPU do you have? You can try the underscan/overscan options in Nvidia Control Panel/Catalyst Control Center and see if that fixes it.

blackroseMD1, Aug 18, 2015
  7. shello Win User
    would this change when having no probs before and just updated to windows 10?.

shello, Aug 18, 2015
  8. shello Win User

second screen

ok bit of an update,have just discovered that if I connect with HDMI cable all works perfectly well!,but when connected via VGA I still get the problem of not filling the screen.I need to use the VGA connection as most projectors don't have the HDMI connection.Any further advice on this please?*cry

shello, Aug 19, 2015
  9. It could, yes. Overscan settings could have changed when updating.

Go into your monitor's settings and see if there's an "auto adjust" option. That may help.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

second screen

1. second screen - Similar Threads - second screen

2. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  3. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  4. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.: I feel like i have tried everything to fix this problem. This has been going on for about a month i haven't even been able to use my computer. This started happening randomly one day when i loaded up my computer, and ever since, the problem has stayed. I have tried deleting...
  6. Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.

Screen goes black every couple of seconds, but when i delete the drivers the problem stops.: I feel like i have tried everything to fix this problem. This has been going on for about a month i haven't even been able to use my computer. This started happening randomly one day when i loaded up my computer, and ever since, the problem has stayed. I have tried deleting...
  7. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Glitches every 3 seconds: My laptop was working good and when i turned on this morning the screen started glitching and it is repeated every 3 seconds and goes back to normal for another and this goes on . i have tried updating the graphics driver, reinstalled windows and nothing worked....
  8. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitches every 3 seconds: My laptop was working good and when i turned on this morning the screen started glitching and it is repeated every 3 seconds and goes back to normal for another and this goes on . i have tried updating the graphics driver, reinstalled windows and nothing worked....
  9. Screen Glitches every 3 seconds

10. Can I connect my Windows 11 PC Monitor to my Windows 10 Education Laptop for a second screen?

Can I connect my Windows 11 PC Monitor to my Windows 10 Education Laptop for a second screen?: Hey, I've recently started a new job and have been provided with a laptop with Windows 10 Education, I was hoping to use my monitor at home as a second screen when I am working from home but I am struggling to work out how to do this. My monitor is a PC monitor and is on...