Windows 10: Secondary display overscan problem

Discus and support Secondary display overscan problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So my laptop has had no issue in the past connecting to this tv, however with windows 10 there is an overscan of almost the whole taskbar on every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by maverickspore69, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Secondary display overscan problem

So my laptop has had no issue in the past connecting to this tv, however with windows 10 there is an overscan of almost the whole taskbar on every side. However with no issue on the main laptop display, only on other displays

The laptop has intel hd 4400 graphics as the display

PS. The tv has no overscan or underscan settings

:)

maverickspore69, Jun 8, 2015
  2. Ralf_G Win User

Screen size display

Look in your display driver settings utility for the display "overscan" adjustment. Adjust the overscan/underscan until your desktop fits properly on the TV screen.

Ralf_G, Jun 8, 2015
  3. eSSS1 Win User
    Windows 10 won't detect 2nd monitor after upgrading from 8.1

Compatibility mode sounded good. Dell driver reinstalled. NO change yet.

Same behavior; "Didn't detect another display".

>Update: 2nd display still not detected. :/

However went under Desktop/display settings/ advanced display settings/adapter, list all modes/ experimented down to 720p @ 59hz. Option for a 1080i rez options not shown in drop down.

Gets duplication to work, and still have overscan problem. Reboot A/V receiver helped overscan, but not fixed yet.

eSSS1, Jun 8, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Secondary display overscan problem

TV has "pc mode" most of the time, when no overscan option is available. overscan usually is on the "pro" displays, as in for commercial use. you can also check the TVs inputs - it usually says "HDMI (DVI)" or something similar, when the overscan is disabled by the port itself

batlhilz, Jun 8, 2015
  5. The pc mode is greyed out and there is only 1 of each port on the tv, HDMI port doesn't have DVI next to it.
    Ps. It's a Proscan tv, I forget the model
    Thanks though

maverickspore69, Jun 8, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Some video cards have a setting application that allows you to adjust for just this problem. If you are just using the OS video file, and you have an add on video card check on the manufacture's web site to see if they have some new and improved video app for your specific card. . . Good Luck. . .*Smile

Also "Welcome to the Windows 10 Forums". . .*Smile. . .If you plan on sticking around you might post your System Specs so when needing help others will be able to look at them when attempting to give you help. . .*Smile

7. I did put my system specs on my profile, and the intel 4400 is a built card not an add on card

maverickspore69, Jun 9, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

Since you have a built in (Vidia GeForce GT 740M and intel hd graphics family) go to the nVidia site and download the latest update then run (if your system will allow it), and see if you can fix your problem. ..*Smile

9. I have the newest everything, and that didn't change anything. The issue began was as soon as I updated to windows 10

10. batlhilz Win User
    check the ratio of your display, got my samsung that has something like "fixed ratio" that disabled the overscan. so don use common 16:9 or 16:10, youll get it there

batlhilz, Jun 9, 2015
  11. The tv itself has almost no settings. Which is why I'm here on tenforums instead of forums for the tv :/

12. batlhilz Win User
    Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel installed? you should be able to check the scaling option from there.

It is either the Intel setting issue or the TV issue, so nothing much to help anymore, keep looking, youre prolly missed something

batlhilz, Jun 10, 2015
  13. Secondary display overscan problem

I'm fairly certain a previous driver version had it but it won't let me downgrade and I don't have it now.

maverickspore69, Jun 10, 2015
  14. Factory reset for windows 8 and I now have the options to fix the overscan Secondary display overscan problem :p

maverickspore69, Jun 14, 2015
  15. petehouk Win User
    My version of the Intel Graphics Control Panel let's me select a custom aspect ratio when I have the resolution set to 1280X720. It lets you adjust slide bars to make the display bigger and smaller in the vertical and horizontal. You can use that to get the display to show correctly.

Change the resolution to 1280X720 and select "customized aspect ratio". Then press "apply", then adjust the customized aspect ratio bars until the image fits on the screen. Then press apply again and close out the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Then go to Windows Settings|Display Settings|Advanced Display Settings|Display Adapter Properties. Press the button for "list all modes". Choose the resolution that you want from that list. (I chose 1920X1080, 30Hz, interlaced.) The resolution changes but the screen size and the custom aspect ratio are maintained.

This is kind of a pain. And if you open the Intel control panel to make any unrelated changes, it will revert to the incorrect aspect ratio. It also reverted to the wrong aspect ratio when I got the latest Windows updates pushed to me recently. But this time I wrote down how to change it back!

Note that the "Custom Resolutions" option on the left menu is nothing but a red herring here. It will not help solve this problem. Don't mess with it.

petehouk, Sep 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Secondary display overscan problem - Similar Threads - Secondary display overscan

2. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  3. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  4. overscanning/ bad scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    overscanning/ bad scaling: So I recently got a new tv to use as my main monitor, I decided to take my old main and use it in portrait mode on the side of the new monitor. now before setting it to portrait, my setting for the screen were perfect, no over scanning , no needing display zoomed in, the text...
  5. Secondary Chromebook Display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary Chromebook Display?: i want to use my (school) chromebook as a secondary display for my windows 10 desktop. trick is, with it being a chromebook not owned by me, i can't download third-party apps of any sort. is there any way to connect it via VGA, DVI, or USB? i'm not too advanced with tech, so...
  6. Display overscan with an Intel draphics card

Display overscan with an Intel draphics card: How to adjust display overscan wiith intel graphics card \ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-overscan-with-an-intel-draphics-card/2b3d6aef-72c0-4081-bb1d-d1b37f694612
  7. Display on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display on secondary monitor: My second monitor is going black one second after i connect it and i bought a new adapter and it still does the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-on-secondary-monitor/05501634-4ccf-4520-90f8-6975d9ad7e35
  8. Overscan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Overscan: My display driver does not allow me to adjust for overscan to make my display fit my screen. I have tried updating the driver but get nothing, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overscan/49e174bd-0bba-427a-9b8c-8bd67ec47a10
  9. Overscan

Overscan: I am running integrated graphics off of a ryzen 3 2200g connected to my tv via hdmi and inside of the radeon settings there is no option to manually scale, there is a ton of overscan and i need help. The layout and resolution is grayed out in display settings...
  10. TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV connected to PC will only display 1920x1080. No overscan options.: That model seems to be rather old ~12 years, and a native resolution of 1440 x 900. Limited input modes. Must be scaled to fit. Seems to do a 1080i or p input which would be scaled down and a few lower resolution inputs which would be scaled up. In conjunction with the...