Windows 10: Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

Discus and support Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm rather late with updating to Win10, but yesterday I upgraded my Win 7 machine to Win 10. Everything went perfect except one of my HDD's is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrederikB1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

I'm rather late with updating to Win10, but yesterday I upgraded my Win 7 machine to Win 10. Everything went perfect except one of my HDD's is no longer being recognized. Yesterday it was simply not being detected; after a reboot however it is now seen in the Disk Manager as a RAW file format instead of NTFS. According to the device manager the drive is working properly and the most recent drivers are installed.

The drive is being read correctly by third party tools like EaseUS Partition Master, AOMEI Partition Assistant and Piriform Recuva. They all see the drive as a functioning NTFS drive.

The HDD does have a drive letter (GSecondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update :) and is also seen in Windows Explorer, but can’t be accessed “G:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect.”
    The drive in question used to be an external drive, but after the casing failed I plugged it in directly using SATA and it worked fine for the last years.

I did locate these threads which have the same problem for a previous Win10 version:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...rd-drive/809332d0-38d3-4cea-94c1-f1872b7b4ba1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4vyifo/bug_windows_10_anniversary_update_tanked/

However the last messages there are from January 2017. Since I am now running Windows version 1803, build 17134.112, I assume the KB fixes listed there are included in my current version.

My pc specs:

- ASRock Fatality 990FX Killer motherboard

- AMD FX-8350 4GHz 8-core processor

- 16GB RAM

- Geforce GTX660

:)

FrederikB1, Aug 10, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    • diskpart
    • list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    • select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    • clean
    • exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update

1. Secondary drive showing as RAW after Win10 update - Similar Threads - Secondary drive showing

2. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  3. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  4. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  5. Secondary drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary drive not showing up: I installed a secondary SSD into my Ideapad gaming 5 laptop and set it up properly but upon restart it would show up about half the time in bios but would not appear in device manager or disk management. is there any way to fix this that doesn't involve me reinstalling...
  6. external drive online showing 0bytes raw

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external drive online showing 0bytes raw: i have a wd elements 1tb hard drive . i have used it for 8 years, now it is showing disk is unknown cannot initialized , the device is connected but still not in explorer. when i go to disk management it shows me the screen to initialize the disk but when i proceed it says...
  7. RAW Drive after windows 10 feature 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW Drive after windows 10 feature 20H2 Update: Am using SSD M.2 for my laptop, C drive is working with out any issue but Unable to access MY F drive after windows 10 feature update, I have lot of important data on F Drive, How we can recover the files...
  8. Installing Win10 on a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 on a secondary drive: Hey guys, this is probably one of the most common topics but I can't find a clean answer to my specific question. I've got two SSDs, a small old one and a big new one. Due to problems of certain software I want the big drive to be my new main drive with Win10 on it....
  9. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent wiping. When I reconnected and restarted afterwards, all but one works fine, with no data loss. The one that doesn't shows it...
  10. ReFS drive showing up as RAW after crash, but shows as ReFS on another PC

ReFS drive showing up as RAW after crash, but shows as ReFS on another PC: Hello, It seems very few people I've encountered have had this problem. I recently was attempting to retire my old hard drives and purchased two 10TB IronWolf Drives. I am running Windows 10. I did have some problems formatting the drives at first, it kept giving an error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntfs drive showing as raw win10

2. disk showing raw after win10 install