Windows 10: Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

Discus and support Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I built this computer about 6 months ago. I have a 500 GB M2 SSD as my C drive. I partitioned a 1TB HDD into 2 500 GB drives J and K. I am using the K... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Omahog2018, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

I built this computer about 6 months ago. I have a 500 GB M2 SSD as my C drive. I partitioned a 1TB HDD into 2 500 GB drives J and K. I am using the K drive for windows image backup trying to avoid the backups filling up my secondary drive but it still happening on the J drive. Using Tree Size Free it shows 90% of the drive filled with system information files. From reading posts on the internet I think these are system restore files but am not sure. They have no names just a bunch of letters and numbers. The protection settings are turned off for this drive. It may be of note that I have programs installed on this. The C drive being mainly for Windows and my games

Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files? [​IMG]

Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files? [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Omahog2018, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Arily Win User

System restore and secondary drives

So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do a system restore can I do it without wiping out the secondary drive? How would I go about doing it? Step by step. What would happen to the program's installed on there after the restore?

Thank you.

Arily, Jun 25, 2018
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

Cortana search IGNORES secondary hard drives!!

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

• Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on
      Indexing options from the search bar results.
    • Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter
    • Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on
      OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on
      Show all locations,
      enter the administrator credentials if prompted))
    • Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.
    If issue persists follow next Method.

Method 2: System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

1. Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files? - Similar Threads - Secondary hard drive

2. Is it okay to fill up my secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it okay to fill up my secondary drive?: Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a quick question! Is it okay to fill up your D drive? I only use it for downloading games and it's hitting it's limit soon It's an HDD and has 930gb and it only has 39gb after installing quite a bit of games. I don't plan to completely fill...
  3. Is it okay to fill up my secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to fill up my secondary drive?: Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a quick question! Is it okay to fill up your D drive? I only use it for downloading games and it's hitting it's limit soon It's an HDD and has 930gb and it only has 39gb after installing quite a bit of games. I don't plan to completely fill...
  4. Is it okay to fill up my secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. secondary hard drive clean up

secondary hard drive clean up: Hello. dell g7 laptop 120g ssd 1tb hd. 3 years. cant count all the games/launchers that came & went. Did clean win10 install, Saved nothing wrongfully assumed it would wipe both hard drives.. Uninstalled all xbox/steam games before clean install. just to speed up process....
  6. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  7. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard Drive Suddenly filling up: I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost full, only about 5G remaining. What could be causing this? I checked programs using appwiz.cpl and saw nothing strange. I have...
  8. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...
  9. System restore and secondary drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore and secondary drives: So my setup. I have 2 drives in my computer an SSD and HDD. The SSD came shipped with my computer and I installed the HDD as a secondary drive. I've been using it as storage for all my pictures music etc. I've also installed a couple programs on there. My question is if I do...
  10. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834