Windows 10: secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

Discus and support secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi folks, my secondary internal hard drive in my laptop reverts back to the state it was in before restarting my laptop. all the changes that i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by highstory2298, Dec 2, 2023.

1. secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

hi folks, my secondary internal hard drive in my laptop reverts back to the state it was in before restarting my laptop. all the changes that i have made to the documents in the recent days didn't get saved. any image or video i download directly to this hard drive isn't openable; it seems like it gets corrupted. if i download those same images or video files to my primary hard drive, where the operating system is installed, they open fine. as per crystaldiskinfo, my secondary hard drive is fine. i have attached a screenshot of the status. i only have one user account on my laptop. operati

:)

highstory2298, Dec 2, 2023

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 2, 2023
  3. little cat, Dec 2, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

How to use secondary hard drive?

Click on the start icon. Start typing Optimize. The app at the top of the list should be Defragment and Optimize Drives. Click on that to open it. Do you see Solid State Drive listed anywhere under Media Type?

secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting... 138484d1496883936t-how-use-secondary-hard-drive-capture.jpg

NavyLCDR, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

1. secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting... - Similar Threads - secondary hard drive

2. PC reverts back to pre-reset state.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reverts back to pre-reset state.: I'm trying to reset my PC, windows 11 has been causing problems. I'm trying to reset my PC and reinstall windows.After a reset, in which I chose to delete everything and reinstall windows, I see that there's not a change in my PC. It's as if nothing happened to it.It goes...
  3. PC reverts back to pre-reset state.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reverts back to pre-reset state.: I'm trying to reset my PC, windows 11 has been causing problems. I'm trying to reset my PC and reinstall windows.After a reset, in which I chose to delete everything and reinstall windows, I see that there's not a change in my PC. It's as if nothing happened to it.It goes...
  4. secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...: hi folks, my secondary internal hard drive in my laptop reverts back to the state it was in before restarting my laptop. all the changes that i have made to the documents in the recent days didn't get saved. any image or video i download directly to this hard drive isn't...
  5. secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secondary hard drive reverting back to the state it was in before restarting or shutting...: hi folks, my secondary internal hard drive in my laptop reverts back to the state it was in before restarting my laptop. all the changes that i have made to the documents in the recent days didn't get saved. any image or video i download directly to this hard drive isn't...
  6. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  7. accident with secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accident with secondary hard drive: hello! i've been encountering issues with my hard drive. i accidentally deleted the partition on my other hard drive that i believe manages knowing what other partitions are and their file types.i now have a disk that has a 340gb partition without a file system that doesn't...
  8. solid state and hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    solid state and hard drives: I have a HP Laptop 17-by3065st,os is windows 10. I have both a ssd and hdd my ssd is low on free space my hdd 1TB has plenty. is there a way to have the HDD drive D: be the primary and keep the SSD drive C: just for windows os? Thanx in advance Jim...
  9. Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal secondary hard drive not recognised: After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive. Win10 does not "see" it! But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive! How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie....
  10. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...