Windows 10: Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

Discus and support Secondary Monitor Touchscreen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xzener, Jul 7, 2016.

1. xzener Win User

Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

Hello,

I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display.

Is there a way to have just the touchscreen have touch features and not act as a track pad for the main display??

Ideally, I will have a media player on the main screen, and be able to select videos/music to play from the 7" touchscreen.

Please help. Thanks.

:)

xzener, Jul 7, 2016
  2. Cray-Z Win User

My monitors are always "disabled" on startup after Windows 10 Creators update...

No error message, just misplaced touches (they go to the primary monitor when they should be on the second monitor).

I have not reverted but this was actually somewhat of a carryover issue from the Anniversary/1607 version of Windows 10. In that I couldn't bring up the touchscreen Setup to reassign the touchscreen to the secondary. It started working again when I installed
    Creators but now I'm faced with this issue where the monitor start off as "disabled" (so it's slightly better since I can actually configure my touchscreen again but it's still problematic).

Cray-Z, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Cykes Win User
    can i move the action center to my second monitor?

Ed, I appreciate you took the time to post but if you take the time to read the thread you will notice the issue at hand is not being able to select the monitor where the ActionBar shows up. The AC is always tied to the Primary screen.

What the OP and many of us is requesting MS is to allow us to actually select where the AC shows up without having to change our primary monitor. In my particular case I have a gaming monitor and a touchscreen. Since most games also tend to the primary display
    as their default choice, the touchscreen is my secondary. As such, when I swipe, instead of AC showing up on the touchscreen as it should, it is displayed on the primary screen where it is hard coded to be.

I have no interest in changing my work flow just for this feature, as useful as it is. Coding a display selection on the application is not something that should require vast resources either, assuming AC is decently designed of course.

Cykes, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

1. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen - Similar Threads - Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

2. Problem with my secondary screen touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my secondary screen touchscreen: Hello,My computer runs on Windows 10. I am using a main screen screen1 and a second screen, which is a touchscreen screen2. This secondary screen is used to trigger some action on a software.I identify, then calibrate the screen2, then it is working perfectly, at every touch...
  3. Problem with my secondary screen touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with my secondary screen touchscreen: Hello,My computer runs on Windows 10. I am using a main screen screen1 and a second screen, which is a touchscreen screen2. This secondary screen is used to trigger some action on a software.I identify, then calibrate the screen2, then it is working perfectly, at every touch...
  4. Problem with my secondary screen touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  6. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchscreen Monitor Capability: Hi there,I can't find a defintative anwser anywhere, but does Windows 10/11 support more that one touchscreen monitor? Thanks, J. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-monitor-capability/823031d2-74d5-4718-8099-cc0d7692a4b6
  7. Touchscreen Monitor Capability

8. Change Monitor to Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor to Touchscreen: I am using a Dell XPS Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. I am using a 24-inch Dell monitor that I bought with the computer. I would like to replace it with a touchscreen monitor to use instead. (I am loving the touchscreen monitor on my laptop.) Do I just connect it...
  9. Touchscreen as second monitor

Touchscreen as second monitor: I have a laptop that has a touchscreen, and uses HDMI for an external monitor, plus a mini displayport for another external monitor (neither external monitor is a touchscreen). I use the external monitors for my main work, so have the primary display on one of these, and not...
  10. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...