Windows 10: Secure boot keeps reactivating

Discus and support Secure boot keeps reactivating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I got Windows 10 and Linux Mint on a dual boot, and since install Windows 10, I've realized that when I disable secure boot, it will sudden... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FatalError, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Secure boot keeps reactivating

Hi,

I got Windows 10 and Linux Mint on a dual boot, and since install Windows 10, I've realized that when I disable secure boot, it will sudden reactivate and my F12 "Boot menu" key will also disable, I don't know why this happens, it never happened when I had windows 7.

Is there something new in Windows 10 which could cause this issue?

Kind regards

:)

FatalError, Apr 18, 2016

2. Secure boot keeps resetting at boot after I disable it in Windows 10

Original Title: Numerous BSOD's, I just wanna reinstall Windows 10

I posted a few days ago about BSOD's I had and I've tried unsuccessfully to debug with WinDbg (it couldn't find halmacpi.dll) after 5 BSOD's all with different errors. Now I've just had enough and want to reinstall but Windows seems reluctant to wanna let
    me do that easily. I made a bootable USB from an ISO of Windows 10 but secure boot keeps resetting at boot after I disable it. Is resetting a reasonable option and if so how far back is it going to take me or would I just be better off reinstalling if I can
    get et past secure boot? The strange thing is both SFC and DISM find no corruption so it's definitely a 3rd party driver but as I said the debugger can't find halmacpi.dll, which I read somewhere is made by Dell but I have a Lenovo so go figure. Any help would
    be great!

Craig Hinkley, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Secure boot keeps resetting at boot after I disable it in Windows 10

Unfortunately enough was enough and I'd had enough, so I just reninstalled W10. I moved all my installation files for Android Studio, etc onto another USB and just reinstalled all that stuff after reinstalling Windows. Now with the latest version I'm having
    no problems whatsoever and can begin working on stuff for Android. Thanks heaps for taking the time to comment but it was slightly late but all's well that ends well, so they say.

Craig Hinkley, Apr 18, 2016
  4. DMGrier Win User

Secure boot keeps reactivating

Does it happen after each reboot? Or is it after a period of time?

DMGrier, Apr 26, 2016
  5. period of time.

FatalError, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Secure boot keeps reactivating

1. Secure boot keeps reactivating - Similar Threads - Secure boot keeps

2. Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security: Hi, I accidentally deactivated my Windows Defender security system and when I installed the latest Windows 11 update 23H2 I'm unable to sign in to my school account and when I restart my laptop the sign in button gets greyed out and I can't use my laptop at all. Is there a...
  3. Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivate Windows Defender and Windows Security: Hi, I accidentally deactivated my Windows Defender security system and when I installed the latest Windows 11 update 23H2 I'm unable to sign in to my school account and when I restart my laptop the sign in button gets greyed out and I can't use my laptop at all. Is there a...
  4. Secure boot

Secure boot: So I enabled secure boot on windows 10, and now my pc keeps. blue screening. I’m getting very nervous, I turned it back off and it’s still blue screening! Someone please help me!...
  5. Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot: I cannot get secure boot to enable. When it does, it goes back to Bios. NZXT Z490 Mother Board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/1f611684-b0bb-49e3-839b-7305867e0d34
  6. Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot: Secure boot is enabled but 11 does not see it on Asus B450 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/c776d74e-0eed-4da5-8750-7ae0c7fbad9e
  7. secure boot

secure boot: * * Duplicate of Secure Boot Problem My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it...
  8. secure boot

secure boot: My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it shows Secure Boot-UnsupportedBut IN...
  9. SECURE BOOT

SECURE BOOT: I HAVE ENABLED SECURE BOOT IN BIOS BUT IT IS SHOWING YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BEACUSE SECURE BOOT IN NOT ENABLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/b86955aa-02e0-4139-88bb-71999c57dd8b
  10. secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    secure boot: How do I turn off secure boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/20f1624d-bc65-485c-a068-fb89bf4ef320"