Windows 10: Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud

Discus and support Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I intend to backup my whole system, secondary and external HDDs to Amazon Cloud. Currently my drives are not encrypted at all. I'm running Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by krneki, Sep 12, 2016.

1. krneki Win User

Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud

I intend to backup my whole system, secondary and external HDDs to Amazon Cloud. Currently my drives are not encrypted at all. I'm running Windows 10 (no UEFI).

I was wondering what is the best way to securely encrypt private data before uploading it to Amazon's cloud? I would like to have on the fly encryption, so there would be no need to create a container any sync it manually with Amazon's cloud software afterwards, but rather sync and encrypt the whole drive in real-time.

Quite some people recommend Boxcryptor, but it doesn't support Amazon's Cloud. Cryptomator seems like a good choice, but how secure is it, since it's not open source? There is also Duplicati, SyncBackPro and StableBit, do you have any experience with any? How do they compare? Any other recommendations?

:)

krneki, Sep 12, 2016

2. windows 10 with galaxy s3

is it possible to sync windows 10 and galaxy s3 without using clouds or one drive?

joeywhitten, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Will the Windows phone like the Nokia Lumia 920 have the Amazon MP3 app available for it like the Android Phones?

That's entirely up to Amazon. They make the Amazon MP3 apps for various platforms. The good nees is it looks like they're working on one:

Amazon to develop and launch Windows Phone Cloud Drive app

I buy my share of music from Amazon, but I don't think it's a hardship to download the tracks to my PC and sync them to my phone. I also use Google Music, which automatically uploads them to Google and I can stream them with an unofficial Google Music app
    for Windows Phone called Gooroovster.

ToddAllcock, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud

1. Securely encrypt drives before syncing them to Amazon S3 Cloud - Similar Threads - Securely encrypt drives

2. Cloud synced settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud synced settings: Hi, I want to clear my cloud synced settings, so I go to Microsoft account Devices and click clear synced settings at the bottom of the page.It then takes me to this website Delete your personal settings from the cloud live.com. Then I click remove at the bottom of this page...
  3. How to automate Amazon S3 backup on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    How to automate Amazon S3 backup on Windows Server: [ATTACH]Amazon Simple Storage Solution (Amazon S3) allows you to back up data from your […] This article How to automate Amazon S3 backup on Windows Server first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping: Okay, A new set of questions! I have a 240GB SSD with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 2004, Build 19041.329 - running as sweet as a nut. First questions. I plan to dual-boot Linux Mint Mate 19.3 alongside the Windows installation in a separate partition (offered as part of the Linux...
  5. Secure encryption for removable hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure encryption for removable hard drive?: I'm considering keeping a USB hard drive with some file backups in my car. I'm already backing up my entire computer to a drive in my home office; the car copy would just be critical files as a kind of catastrophic protection (in case of fire, etc). Since there would be...
  6. Secure encryption for removable hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Secure encryption for removable hard drive?: I'm considering keeping a USB hard drive with some file backups in my car. I'm already backing up my entire computer to a drive in my home office; the car copy would just be critical files as a kind of catastrophic protection (in case of fire, etc). Since there would be...
  7. What is synced to the cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is synced to the cloud?: Hello! This is my first proper post here, so please be gentle :). I am new to Win 10, coming from Win7. I made a backup "image" of my new Windows 10 instalation (with Acronis True Image), as soon as Windows was installed and activated, along with graphics drivers, mouse...
  8. App is not syncing to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App is not syncing to the cloud: I encountered an issue with the Book Bazaar Reader since it is not syncing to cloud. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-is-not-syncing-to-the-cloud/7bcfe046-63d2-46a5-888f-9b793165abc6
  9. Amazon Cloud Drive - Remove Side Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amazon Cloud Drive - Remove Side Panel: Google Drive in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 I seen this tutorial but was looking for one on how to remove Amazon Cloud Drive from the nav panel as it can't be simply remove the easy way . [img] 79199
  10. Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing computer Cloud with Microsoft Cloud: Apparently I really messed up somehow. The Microsoft Cloud is no longer uploading the files from my computer’s Cloud. This is the message I get when I try to force it. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? NOTE: I removed the users name for privacy purposes here… thus...