Windows 10: Security and Anonymity in Windows 10

Discus and support Security and Anonymity in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We all know that there is a change in MS terms and with windows 10 we leave more trace of our activity. I was hoping some tips from our advanced users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Aug 9, 2015.

1. rezpower Win User

Security and Anonymity in Windows 10

We all know that there is a change in MS terms and with windows 10 we leave more trace of our activity.
    I was hoping some tips from our advanced users on how to secure and close whatever compromise our
    anonymity and security using windows 10.

Also tips on what browser can allow you more anonymous search and brows would be great too. How can you
    search google and brows in total anonymity?

:)

rezpower, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade - splwow64.exe

Any help would be appreciated. At the moment, I'm even considering allowing Anonymous Login additional rights. That seems like a huge security hole though.

TriStarGod, Aug 9, 2015
  3. WM 6.1 Security? Exchange 2007

Password protecing the device and disallowing anonymous access via bluetooth is a good way to go. Other aspects of the device are secure but buetooth PIM is a weak point as I see it. Having the devices connected via Exchange 2007 also gives you another
    security layer.

Eric Hicks, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Security and Anonymity in Windows 10

Torquemada, Aug 9, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    There's a load of stuff, usually buried under links, in the Settings pages and beyond. But I'll give you these as priority items:

Disable the WiFi password sharing and peer-to-peer update hosting for starters.

Disable the 'diagnostic and usage' data that gets sent to Microshaft (Settings->Privacy->Feedback & diagnostics).

Create a new registry value in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection

AllowTelemetry = 0

Then disable two services: Diagnostics Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc.

6. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for these great tips Nus. I had already done the privacy settings but disabling Telemetry was new for me *Smile

rezpower, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Security and Anonymity in Windows 10

1. Security and Anonymity in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Security Anonymity

2. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety cannot block Avast Secure Browser: I've attempted to set usage restrictions and time limits on Avast Secure Browser using Microsoft Family settings on my child's laptop, but they're not effective. She's using this browser as an alternative to bypass the parental controls on Edge. Despite Microsoft Family's...
  4. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  5. Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.

Event Log local policy settings not working properly in W11 23H2, security log filing up.: Hi All,We're in the process of setting up our W11 deployment process and one of the options we're looking at is deploying W11 as an upgrade to W10 through SCCM. However, we've come across an odd issue as part of our testing.For fully up-to-date W11 23H2 deployments either as...
  6. How to remove Complex ACE Security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Complex ACE Security: hello dears,How to remove Complex ACE Security while i want to make a crawle by SharePoint 2016 standard half of files is not crawling because of Complex ACE Security so please how can I How to remove Complex ACE Security on my files mostly are PDF...
  7. How to remove Complex ACE Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Complex ACE Security: hello dears,How to remove Complex ACE Security while i want to make a crawle by SharePoint 2016 standard half of files is not crawling because of Complex ACE Security so please how can I How to remove Complex ACE Security on my files mostly are PDF...
  8. How to remove Complex ACE Security

9. Security Update Error 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

Security Update Error 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: It's been months now, Microsoft! And I still keep getting this error on my update on my laptop?? Please I need help to fix this issue!"There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support...
  10. Security Update Error 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Update Error 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...: It's been months now, Microsoft! And I still keep getting this error on my update on my laptop?? Please I need help to fix this issue!"There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support...