Windows 10: Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068

Discus and support Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting the "Security Center Can't Be Started" message on booting in the Action Center. I ran the following scans and removed all PUPs,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan73, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Dan73 Win User

Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068

Hi,

I am getting the "Security Center Can't Be Started" message on booting in the Action Center.

I ran the following scans and removed all PUPs, spywares, etc. - ESET online, Kaspersky AV, Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware, Hitman Pro, Spybot, Roguekiller, Adware Removal Tool by TSA, adwcleaner, JRT, Zemana Antimalware,tdsskiller, TFC, Emisoft Emergency Kit and CCleaner.

I have tried to start it using the Automatic (delayed) option, but it won't.

The 3 error messages are attached for your kind reference.

Please help me to resolve this error.

:)

Dan73, Feb 18, 2017

2. Windows Security Center Is Not Starting

I did the same but another failor happened:

"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

What to do?!

KamranMehdi, Feb 18, 2017
  3. DChamp95 Win User
    Windows Management Services *NOT WORKING*

After I updated to Windows 10, I have been unable to start my Security Center. I know this program has dependencies: Remote Procedure Call (RPC/RPCSS) and Windows Management Services (WINMGMT). I believe, if I can get Windows Management Services to
    start, my Security Center will start. Here is the status of the two dependencies:

RPCSS is on

Windows Management Services is off

This is what I have done to try to fix the issue:

1. Services:

• Security Center
    • right click - start - FAILED " Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start. "
    • right click - properties - startup type: Automatic
    • Apply - OK - right click - start - FAILED " Error 1068: The Dependency service or group failed to start. "
    2. Services:

• Windows Management Services
    • right click - start - FAILED - "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    • right click - properties - startup type: Automatic
    • right click - start - FAILED - "Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."
    3. Downloaded WMIDiag

• Results:
    RPCSS service: ...................................................................................................... OK (Already started).

WINMGMT service: .................................................................................................... Failed to start.

• Ran the recommended changes through command.

I cannot seem to fix this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

DChamp95, Feb 18, 2017
  4. Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068

Run CMD as admin and enter:

winmgmt /salvagerepository

Then reboot and try to start WMI service, if it fails, use those commands:

Winmgmt /standalonehost
    Winmgmt /resetrepository

Note, that you might need to reinstall some software after using reset command.

TairikuOkami, Feb 18, 2017
  5. Thank you so very much Ive had this problem for weeks youve made my millenium lol

THEDALESMAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068

1. Security Center Services Cannot Be Started - Error 1068 - Similar Threads - Security Center Services

2. Windows Security Center Service Crashes on Start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Center Service Crashes on Start: Every morning after logging in on my hp laptop, I am greeted by a red message box warning me that the security center service is not running. Indeed, it is not. State "Stopped." IWhen I try to start it, it stays stopped. In the Application event log, I see that it crashed...
  3. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  4. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  5. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows security: The Security Center service can't be started

Windows security: The Security Center service can't be started: Is there a way to force start windows security center?*Moderator's note: Modified title for accuracy.Original title: Windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-the-security-center-service-cant/2987444f-03e0-4a01-8b56-65229d587dd3
  7. Workstation service not starting 1068 error

Workstation service not starting 1068 error: Hello, After I updated Windows 10 Ver 2004, I lost my network drives. While I tried to find solutions, I found out that workstation service was not working 1068 error. I read and tried a couple of solutions described here and there, but nothing worked out. I'm considering...
  8. Unable to start the Windows Security Center service

Unable to start the Windows Security Center service: See below screenshot of the problem [ATTACH] The above screen remains on forever a blue-dots hourglass is active all the time [ATTACH] Also in savemode the service will not start [ATTACH] I have no access to the Windows Defender Antivirus Service Below some system...
  9. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start: I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it. 80118
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...