Windows 10: Security devices - Trusted Platform Module

Discus and support Security devices - Trusted Platform Module in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there On my nice shiny HP envy laptop : HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na (ENERGY STAR) Model #: P0R94EA I of course removed the W10 Home with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Feb 7, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Security devices - Trusted Platform Module

Hi there

On my nice shiny HP envy laptop : HP ENVY Notebook - 13-d008na (ENERGY STAR) Model #: P0R94EA

I of course removed the W10 Home with the HP Bloatware (actually very small amount -- well done HP for delivering a reasonably clean OS not riddled with ads and trialware etc) to re-install my W10 PRO from an earlier HP laptop.

W10 went through the various upgrades to hardware for updated drivers etc and after re-activation WORKED FINE.

I found though in device manager I'm missing this "Trusted Platform Module" security device. There's a finger scanner on the laptop - so I've downloaded what I think is a driver but I'm still getting the info action against the device in the Device manager.

Anybody using one of those finger print scanners and know how to get it working --or is this still not available in W10.

Security devices - Trusted Platform Module [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 7, 2016

2. TPM returned an unexpected error(exception from hresult: 0x8029010c)

I had the same problem. I went into Device Manage > Security Devices, then right-clicked on Trusted Platform Module 2.0, and selected uninstall. I was prompted to reboot. When I went back into Device Manager after rebooting, the Trusted Platform Module
    2.0 was still there and appeared to be enabled. So I went back to try to turn in BitLocker, and this time is worked fine.

dolphy_helado, Feb 7, 2016
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Security devices - Trusted Platform Module

1. Security devices - Trusted Platform Module - Similar Threads - Security devices Trusted

2. Trusted Platform Module issiue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trusted Platform Module issiue: hello could somebody help me with this problem it keeps come back evertime i open event viewer? i hope you have a good day!Log Name: System Source: TPM Date: 6/10/2022 5:57:44 PM Event ID: 15 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-NAM8GPI...
  3. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  4. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted platform module problem: Hello, my computer is touchscreen and I tried to reset windows 10 and now I'm stuck in a panel that says " A configuration change was requested to clear this computer’s TPM" in there I have to choose and press f12 or esc, the problem is that since my computerer do not have...
  5. Trusted platform module problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Trusted Platform Module TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hello, I have a TPM in my system which is for hardware security i want to know that am i gonna lose all of my data if at all the TPM Chip fails.. pls advice on thisThanks...
  7. Trusted Platform Module

Trusted Platform Module: I am on a Windows 10 PC. I reset my PC and this shows up and I can't press or do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/b4e4e7de-af20-4978-bb4c-97404187bed1
  8. Trusted Platform Module

Trusted Platform Module: I reset my computer and this showed up, but I can't do anything or press anything? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/8f2891ce-04a0-4194-abbc-2d21aa6de826
  9. Trusted Platform Module

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trusted Platform Module: how often does this module get updated? when was the last update? is this a manual update or automatic update for Windows users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-platform-module/ef835fec-996c-4ecf-8388-dc8a881e8375
  10. Trusted Platform Module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted Platform Module: I have received a message to update or clear and update the TPM. It tells me to ensure I have done a backup. Is this REALLY necessary? To do a COMPLETE PC BACKUP in case this causes data loss? Surely, SURELY, MS can do these things without the potential compromise of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exception from HRESULT: 0x8029010C

2. HRESULT 0x8029010C

3. just got this messge while resetting my tablet clearing trusted platform module will lose access to data encryted by these keys