Windows 10: Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

Discus and support Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This has worked without any issues until about 1-2 weeks ago. W10AU.969, FF 52.0.2. This is on my home network with a 192... address. I tried Internet... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Mar 28, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

This has worked without any issues until about 1-2 weeks ago. W10AU.969, FF 52.0.2. This is on my home network with a 192... address. I tried Internet Explorer and it connects without issue. Is there a setting issue that I am overlooking. *Sad OR?

:)

meebers, Mar 28, 2017
  2. AWWillis Win User

If I can't stop Cortana then can I make it launch Fire Fox

Maybe I'm just tired of change but I can't get my head round edge.

If I look for help Cortana throws up loads of unrelated answers for every OS in Edge.

I then fire up FF and put the query in again through Google.

It would be a lot faster if I could launch FF from Cortana, and if Cortana only looked for Win10 solutions in FF using Google.

Can this be done?

Thanks

A

AWWillis, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Melmav Win User
    I am trying to see if there is any one else on my network?

Basically I need to do some things for financial aid and I dont feel comfortable unless I know that my computer is secure. My norton antivirus that came with my comcast xfinity is showing that my protection is low. Does anybody know if this list is the
    number of connections into my com

C:\Users\mom>arp -a

Interface: 10.0.0.73 --- 0x13

Internet Address Physical Address Type

10.0.0.1 00-50-f1-80-00-00 dynamic

10.0.0.254 00-05-04-03-02-01 dynamic

10.0.0.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static

224.0.0.22 01-00-5e-00-00-16 static

224.0.0.251 01-00-5e-00-00-fb static

224.0.0.252 01-00-5e-00-00-fc static

224.0.0.253 01-00-5e-00-00-fd static

224.0.1.60 01-00-5e-00-01-3c static

239.255.255.250 01-00-5e-7f-ff-fa static

255.255.255.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static

C:\Users\mom>puter? Could you give me a brief explanation to what they are? Thank You

Melmav, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

Hi meebers.

When you say connect do you mean that when you typed in address you could go and manage cameras or you could see video.

There were some issue with the cumulative updates for March. Original March 14, which is right when your issue started, a replacement March 20 (W10AU.969) and another replacement March 22. @Bree describes it well here.

KB4015438 and KB4013429 fail to install

I wonder if you are not seeing some sort of flavour of the original issue introduce with KB4013429 that KB4105438 didn't fix.

Does Chrome work?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  5. meebers Win User
    Tx for reply. Yes "connect" means to view video/listen to audio and manage the system. On my W7 machine, IE is a go, FF no. Android phone yes, Windows phone no. KB401 3429/5438 installed successfully. I don't have Chrome installed anywhere :-(

meebers, Mar 28, 2017
  6. Well on a really long shot install the newest cumulative update. The version you have was supposed to be the video fix. The latest cumulative does not mention any additional video fixes so long shot.

There is also a Video Playback trouble shooter that may reset things. If you run, once it opens click on advance and then run as administrator.

Another idea, maybe fall back before March update.

I think you mean w10 machine IE is a go and FF no. You said Win 7 in last post. I think you said Edge doesn't work either.

My opinion, wait this out and use IE. Maybe get bold and get Chrome. The newest of new is being release April 11 which is thirteen days away. I have to believe it is going to be "Better".

I will be offline for a week.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 28, 2017
  7. meebers Win User
    Clarification: To access the DVR, on W10, IE works, FF or Edge does not. On W7, IE works, FF does not. W10 FF is 32 bit, W7 is 64bit
    After further research I found this: Beginning in Firefox version 52, support for NPAPI plugins in Firefox has ended, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. I also seen a video on how to make this work with chrome. Google Groups

Drats!!

meebers, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

Interesting, Chrome dropped this a while ago so this must be a work around. I used this in Chrome for Free Stock Charts and had to move to IE.

Interesting that all this happened together. I guess IE will live on.

Glad to hear you know root cause.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF

1. Security DVR no connect with Edge/FF - Similar Threads - Security DVR connect

2. Unable to connect to DVR through router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to DVR through router: I have installed a DVR with cameras. I can access the router and see that the DVR is connected to the router. I cannot get Windows to connect to it.I am running Windows 10 Version 2004.I have a recommended CMS program installed and when I try to add the cameras it reports...
  3. DVR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVR: my iwatch DVR camera wont connect and displays error cant connect,i don't know what to do .thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvr/ac104892-f260-400a-907a-1d0349188184
  4. Security DVR no longer connects after 02/13/2019 security patch update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security DVR no longer connects after 02/13/2019 security patch update: Night Owl DVR no longer connects after Windows 10 update on 02/13/2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-dvr-no-longer-connects-after-02132019/f5d71b90-8fad-4fe8-832d-133c97ecf8ef
  5. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  6. Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and IE11 - Can’t connect securely to this page: on Win 10 1803, new laptop (not upgraded from 7***) I am getting: "Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner" when I try to connect to any...
  7. Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage won't load in FF or IE but is OK in Edge: New to W10 (from W7) *Biggrin I have been searching/reading here but can't see the answer. The problem, a certain webpage and my home page My Web Page and your first step won't load in FF. I get 'Server not found' It works in Edge and I am rather new to that so prefer...
  8. Detecting computer's location in Edge and FF...

in Browsers and Email
    Detecting computer's location in Edge and FF...: Some oddities between Edge and Firefox on Windows 10, just curious why... Edge and Firefox 39 on Windows 10, with physical locations disabled in OS and browsers. In both browser, DDG is my default search engine. After typing in "weather" at duckduckgo.com, Edge shows...
  9. EDGE vrs FF speed test

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE vrs FF speed test: Unscientific test showing differences between Edge & FF from the same computer. It is very repeatable and shows some differences that may or may not mean anything. FF is faster on this test both up & down, but some interesting things so see. The test shows nice linear up...
  10. FF/EDGE & Irma

in Browsers and Email
    FF/EDGE & Irma: As I sit here watching this thing coming at me, just doing a comparison of FF (left) and Edge on a program called wundermap. Track is not shown on EDGE, (right) speed is 1x only while FF is adjustable, 10x selected. Satellite view shows on FF, non existent on EDGE. *Zip I...