Windows 10: Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we’re sharing more on security in Windows 10. Windows 10 has more built-in security protections to help safeguard you against viruses, phishing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Security in Windows 10

Source: Security in Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade - data loss

I have the same problem. I had two users set up with Windows and after upgrading I have one user, which was the one that I did not use. Now I cannot figure a way to regain access to my other user account or to an admin account. I hope Microsoft posts
    a fix soon.

lost in windows 10, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 23, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Security in Windows 10

Sounds really good - must get that.

Oh, forgot, I've had it since October*Smile

5. Cr00zng Win User
    Quote from the article, about Edge:

To my recollection, MS had made similar claims for IE 11 like this one:

Or this one:

I do hope that MS is correct at this time, but I am somewhat skeptical...

Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2015
  6. So 10 has become more secure, because it has got security notifications?! *chuckle
    All of the present features have been in Windows since Vista, but makes a great AD.

TairikuOkami, Jul 25, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    So secure that when the default processing of the Microsoft Account is entered during setup, it uses the beginning of your email to name the useraccount folders. What if I want to be Dad on the family PC and Red Baron on my desktop?

Let's guess what the rest of the email is, er, @hotmail.com, @live.com perhaps...*Sad

Fafhrd, Jul 26, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

Security in Windows 10

As I understand it, isn't the biggest security threat Microsoft themselves, the Licence agreement seems to give them permission to monitor anything you do, type or voice on your computer ? and use it in any way they wish, including selling it on for marketing purposes.

or am I misunderstanding the hype ?

Andy

zooburner, Jul 26, 2015
  9. You can disable most of it in privacy settings, but it will cripple Cortana, store apps and other things.

TairikuOkami, Jul 26, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    The 'trick' to the userid snafu is to bypass the MS login prompt whereupon you will get a userid prompt.

Thema:

Security in Windows 10

1. Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Security

2. Adobe Flash Player APSB18-42 Important security update??

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player APSB18-42 Important security update??: I ran BelArc advisor the other day and among other things : ) it showed that I needed: Hotfix Id Severity Description (click to see security bulletin)APSB18-42 Important Adobe Flash Player security update for Flash Player 29.0.0.171 ActiveX 64-bit I tried looking for a...
  3. Event ID 17 Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 17 Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780: Log Name: Application Source: SecurityCenter Date: 11. 12. 2018 14:34:19 Event ID: 17 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DigDeep-PC Description: Security Center failed to validate caller...
  4. Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.: Stupid bloody Hotmail. I'm sick of it. Most useless e-mail system ever created. I've been waiting almost half a day for the verification text with a code to come through, so I can actually access my e-mails from my bank. All I did was want to change the security from my...
  5. Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 monthly security and quality updates overview: Today’s global cybersecurity threats are both dynamic and sophisticated, and new vulnerabilities are discovered almost every day. We focus on protecting customers from these security threats by providing security updates on a timely basis and with high quality. We strive to...
  6. Why can't I receive security codes to my landline or mobile

Why can't I receive security codes to my landline or mobile: Since yesterday, when I put in my landline or mobile phone number to sign in, I'm not receiving any codes. I still can get a code sent to an alternative email address, but not my phone. Have checked that the phone numbers are what they should be, and they are. Please can...
  7. Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family...

Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family...: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-is-yellow-flagged-everything-in-security/e762a34a-35de-4fca-b8d5-94d358631930"
  8. Windows Security v Malwarebytes

Windows Security v Malwarebytes: We know now that Windows Security is Top Class I also use Free Malwarebytes for the occasional scan . However I pose the question is Windows Security better than Malwarebytes Premium, also what did Hexadite a Microsoft acquisition do to make Windows Security so strong ?...
  9. My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Primera Label Printer will not work after a security update: Primera LX900, after an automatic security update will not print. Un-installed the printer and re-install, reinstalled the driver, updated the OS, the design program printing from, etc....
  10. December 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release

in Windows 10 News
    December 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release: Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update today. See the linked KB articles for more information. Office 2010 Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4227172) Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4461579) Office 2013...