Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Today, we’re sharing more on security in Windows 10. Windows 10 has more built-in security protections to help safeguard you against viruses, phishing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Security in Windows 10 | Blogging Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 24, 2015
  2. lost in windows 10 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - data loss

I have the same problem. I had two users set up with Windows and after upgrading I have one user, which was the one that I did not use. Now I cannot figure a way to regain access to my other user account or to an admin account. I hope Microsoft posts
    a fix soon.

lost in windows 10, Jul 24, 2015
  3. windows-10 Win User
    Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 24, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Security in Windows 10

Sounds really good - must get that.

Oh, forgot, I've had it since October*Smile

5. Cr00zng Win User
    Quote from the article, about Edge:

To my recollection, MS had made similar claims for IE 11 like this one:

Or this one:

I do hope that MS is correct at this time, but I am somewhat skeptical...

Cr00zng, Jul 25, 2015
  6. TairikuOkami Win User
    So 10 has become more secure, because it has got security notifications?! *chuckle
    All of the present features have been in Windows since Vista, but makes a great AD.

TairikuOkami, Jul 26, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    So secure that when the default processing of the Microsoft Account is entered during setup, it uses the beginning of your email to name the useraccount folders. What if I want to be Dad on the family PC and Red Baron on my desktop?

Let's guess what the rest of the email is, er, @hotmail.com, @live.com perhaps...*Sad

Fafhrd, Jul 26, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

Security in Windows 10

As I understand it, isn't the biggest security threat Microsoft themselves, the Licence agreement seems to give them permission to monitor anything you do, type or voice on your computer ? and use it in any way they wish, including selling it on for marketing purposes.

or am I misunderstanding the hype ?

Andy

zooburner, Jul 26, 2015
  9. TairikuOkami Win User
    You can disable most of it in privacy settings, but it will cripple Cortana, store apps and other things.

TairikuOkami, Jul 27, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    The 'trick' to the userid snafu is to bypass the MS login prompt whereupon you will get a userid prompt.

Thema:

Security in Windows 10

Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Security

Forum Date

Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM)

Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM): I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. On the task bar there is an icon that indicates "Action Recommended." I click it, and it takes me to "Windows Defender Security Center." I find an exclamation mark near "Device security." It says "A firmware update is needed for your...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security Yesterday at 9:13 PM

Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security Thursday at 5:33 PM

.NET Framework June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup

.NET Framework June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup: Today, we are releasing the June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup. Security No new security fixes. See .NET Framework May 2018 Security and Quality Rollup for the latest security updates. Quality and Reliability This release contains the following quality and reliability...
Windows 10 News Thursday at 3:02 AM

Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
Windows 10 News Wednesday at 5:53 PM

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for june 2018

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for june 2018: Release Notes June 2018 Security Updates Release Date: June 12, 2018 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Windows Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
Windows 10 Updates and Activation Tuesday at 7:32 PM

Security and Maintenance is somehow included in Devices and Drives

Security and Maintenance is somehow included in Devices and Drives: Hello everyone. I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 and so far I've been enjoying it, but somehow "Security and Maintenance" just appeared in Devices and Drives in File Explorer, and it's been annoying me. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. 111922
Windows 10 Support Jun 10, 2018

Windows 10 receives June 2018 security updates for Adobe Flash Player

Windows 10 receives June 2018 security updates for Adobe Flash Player: Microsoft is rolling out new security updates for Adobe Flash Player on Windows 10. The June 2018 Update for Adobe Flash Player is available on Windows 10 and 8.1. As always, you can download KB4074595 from Microsoft Update Catalog and manually patch the software on your...
Windows 10 News Jun 8, 2018
Security in Windows 10 solved