Windows 10: Security message

Discus and support Security message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got this message today, is this genuine? [img] 86171 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brummyfan, Jun 4, 2017.

1. brummyfan Win User

Security message

I got this message today, is this genuine?

Security message [​IMG]

:)

brummyfan, Jun 4, 2017

2. security code for message

AFAIK, no. but you can set a system-wide security code that needs to be entered whenever you unlock your phone etc.

adrianhughesNSD, Jun 4, 2017
  3. C7 messaging security

Not messaging specifically. You should be able to SSL so that the transmission is secure. Then you will need to set PIn code and automatic lock for the device so that someone can't access your phone with out the PIN.

PIN settings are in settings -> phone -> phone management -> Phone and SIM card

Set the "Phone autolock period" and "Lock Code", then your messaging will be more secure than without.

jacobsladder---01, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Security message

Yes, it's genuine - in the sense that Edge is reporting that you are trying to access a private server that requires a username and password to gain entry. All my browsers - Edge, IE and Firefox show the same message for that server.

The question is why are you trying to access one of Acer's private servers? Do you have a username and password for Acer?

Bree, Jun 5, 2017
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Thank you Bree for the confirmation, I was just browsing the forum and suddenly this message appeared, yes I do have username and PW.

brummyfan, Jun 5, 2017
  6. Kyle Win User
    I think what Bree is trying to say is that the URL you've accessed has been set up as a HTAccess protected directory. It means that Acer administrators (or rather the webmaster) has set up username and password (protected accesss) for that directory and all files and sub-directory within it. This means that without the user and password for that specific directory, you cannot access it.

If you have a customer account (support or otherwise) and a forum account, neither of these accounts will give you access to that directory as it is protected for private use only.

Kyle, Jun 5, 2017
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Thanks, I have contacted the forum Admin, I am able to browse the forum and communicate but the popup keep annoying me.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security message

1. Security message - Similar Threads - Security message

2. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  3. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  4. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  5. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  6. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  8. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  9. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  10. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge passwor security