Windows 10: Security needs for Windows 10 tablet v Windows 7 PC

Discus and support Security needs for Windows 10 tablet v Windows 7 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I'm just basic computer user. Want to keep Windows 7 on PC for as long as possible, but recently bought 1st tablet (cheap - Linx 7) to try out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michael8, Jan 25, 2016.

1. michael8 Win User

Security needs for Windows 10 tablet v Windows 7 PC

Hi. I'm just basic computer user. Want to keep Windows 7 on PC for as long as possible, but recently bought 1st tablet (cheap - Linx 7) to try out Windows 10.

On PC - I use CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware and antivirus that comes with ISP deal (McAfee)

Just wondered - is it recommended to use CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware etc on tablet as well? (It'll only be used to read news/blogs, watch stuff on Youtube)

Many thanks in advance.

:)

michael8, Jan 25, 2016

2. Installing a Virtual OS using Hyper-V

Windows XP Mode was a specific option for Windows Virtual PC if you were running Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise. It was not available to Windows 8/8.1 Pro and neither is it available for Windows 10 Pro with Hyper-V.

If you need to run Windows XP in Hyper-V, you will need to furnish your own copy.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2016
  3. Tablet PC's screen does not recognize stylus (even though it did for calibration)

Have Toshiba tablet PC that worked well under Windows 7.

After upgrade to Windows 10, the tablet PC configs acknowledges single point stylus input capabilities (no incompatibilities were detected).

I was also able to calibrate stylus/screen points of contact.

But, still, the tablet PC's screen does not recognize stylus.

As if there is some function that needs to be activated.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Pierrot Péladeau, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Security needs for Windows 10 tablet v Windows 7 PC

1. Security needs for Windows 10 tablet v Windows 7 PC - Similar Threads - Security needs tablet

2. Need new tablet PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need new tablet PC: I will play sound with Speaker or head phones. I like a mouse if possible.Shall I look for a windows 11 tablet, Android tablet, Chrome book or ipad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-new-tablet-pc/fe8e5ccb-1c4c-41e1-ac68-f75d1701b608
  3. Need new tablet PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need new tablet PC: I will play sound with Speaker or head phones. I like a mouse if possible.Shall I look for a windows 11 tablet, Android tablet, Chrome book or ipad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-new-tablet-pc/fe8e5ccb-1c4c-41e1-ac68-f75d1701b608
  4. WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 7 V/S WINDOWS 10: I WAS JUST USING WINDOWS 7 FROM A LONG TIME. AFTER SOME TIME A MESSAGE STARTED COMMING ON MY DESKTOP THAT WINDOWS 7 IN OUT OF SUPPORT I AM USING WINDOWS 7 FROM MY CHILDHOOD AND I LIKE IT MORE I WAS TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 IN THAT BUT DUE TO SYSTEM FAILURE I WAS UNABLE SO...
  5. Hyper-V and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 7: I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not work. It say that the mouse input not captured. All boxes are checked under Integration Services. Is their any other options...
  6. pc security included in windows 10, v. 1909 in 2020?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc security included in windows 10, v. 1909 in 2020?: I wish to change the PC security protection program on this pc. What Windows or Microsoft security features are included with the above version of windows 10 I am using? Researching the online pc protections program offered for sale is very confusing. I am a single,...
  7. Security of windows 7

Security of windows 7: I have dual booted my PC.Now my PC have windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 pro. Since security updates for windows 7 will be end on jan14 2020, To be safer from vulnerabilities whether I have to delete my windows 7 ultimate or my dual booted PC itself safe enough?...
  8. Windows Security v Malwarebytes

Windows Security v Malwarebytes: We know now that Windows Security is Top Class I also use Free Malwarebytes for the occasional scan . However I pose the question is Windows Security better than Malwarebytes Premium, also what did Hexadite a Microsoft acquisition do to make Windows Security so strong ?...
  9. Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Window in Windows 10 using Windows 7: I am using Build 1803. As far as I know, this is the latest one. I've done the procedures to open Hyper-V. I've tried to load the .iso file of Windows 7 into the Hyper-V window. But, I keep getting an error. I have tried everything. Finally, I began to suspect a...
  10. Windows 10 installation on HP Stream 7 Tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation on HP Stream 7 Tablet: Hi everyone! This is what I got: I am trying to upgrade my Stream 7 Tablet from Win8.1 - Win10 The tablet has been reset to factory settings & my Microsoft account is synced with the device. What are the ways I can download/install it. like step by step please....