Windows 10: Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

Discus and support Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm constantly running into the issue what should I allow to install in my PC's and laptops. Usually what disqualifies them it is asking for excessive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by _JackD_, Aug 26, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

I'm constantly running into the issue what should I allow to install in my PC's and laptops. Usually what disqualifies them it is asking for excessive permissions. I think there should be standard set where user would be able to access and change each individual permission for the app - specially these from the Microsoft store.

I think this should apply on Microsoft apps. For example: Why Microsoft's translator needs to change content on websites I visit? Isn't it just new way of creating security holes and privacy violations? Can someone find a way to use extensions or apps like that to read e-mail, usernames, passwords or for example install a keylogger?

Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications. [​IMG]

:)

_JackD_, Aug 26, 2018

2. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions

Source: The OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions - Office Blogs

Brink, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications.

1. Security permissions in Microsoft and third party applications. - Similar Threads - Security permissions Microsoft

2. Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...: Roblox UWP crashesWhen I launch Roblox. It launch 3 seconds then instantly crash with no error message.I try to open Roblox through folderAnd I encountered "Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third party software and re-run...
  3. Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third...: Roblox UWP crashesWhen I launch Roblox. It launch 3 seconds then instantly crash with no error message.I try to open Roblox through folderAnd I encountered "Unapproved third party applications or extensions detected. Please uninstall this third party software and re-run...
  4. What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...: Do we need third party antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-third-party/b818a719-e0e4-48c7-af4d-35bb6f184500
  5. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  6. 'Wake' permissions for third party software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Wake' permissions for third party software?: I have a PVR card and associated software on my win 11 system. The PC is primarily used for OTA TV viewing, recording, streaming, and Blue ray/DVD playback. currently I'm working a couple issues with the PVR software. 1 I need to find the setting to allow that software to...
  7. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  8. third party sofware and microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party sofware and microsoft apps: Have you heard the one about Microsoft Windows 10 updates making third party software unusable and even some of their own apps no longer working, what sort of dunces have they got working for them these days, I think the advice for every computer tech these days would be to...
  9. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  10. Windows time server vs Third-party application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows time server vs Third-party application: I do not use the Windows time server and in settings, date and time, internet time, no time server is selected (only 2 are offered: time.windows.com and time.nist.gov). I prefer to use the application Dimension 4 and have done for many years in Win XP, Win 7 , Win 8 and now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permissions for 3rd party apps on microsoft windows10

2. microsoft third party apps security

3. iscover third-party apps that have excessive permissions to your Office 365 apps