Windows 10: Security permissions

Discus and support Security permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I couldn't figure out if this post fit better in this area or the area that seemed to deal more with firewalls and AV software, my luck, neither, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brucemc777, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Security permissions

I couldn't figure out if this post fit better in this area or the area that seemed to deal more with firewalls and AV software, my luck, neither, so I will trust to the discretion of the moderators...

I synched some directories between two computers. Now I have a directory on this computer and all the files in that directory say I don't have permission to view them. When I open up their "properties:Security:Group or User Name" I have to add my identity to each one individually, and there are many...

Is there an automated way to bail me out of this mess? (Probably like I must have gotten myself into it?)

Thank-you VERY much!

:)

brucemc777, Jan 12, 2016

2. Permissions and security

Thw share button is greyed out. triwd to change ownership so to grant permission. Get Error "Recycle bin corrupted" Help wpould be appreciated. Thanks

SamiHalaby, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Permissions and security

Hi Sami,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

1. Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists in the new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Security permissions

Not really understanding what exactly that you want to fix. Is it folder permissions, or something with third party software that is the cause? Permissions you change in the Properties for that folder.

bro67, Jan 12, 2016
  5. I would like to add a specific username with Full Control permissions to every single file in certain directories where I caused the problem. Not exactly certain how I caused it - either copying some files that were specifically configured for my user account on a different computer or by the mis-use of the Take Ownership script, but somehow I have found that a number of document-type files (.pdf, .docx, .xls, .xlsm, ..., and some other related files) refuse to open. When I add my username on this computer to their security permissions all is fine. Presently I am fixing them one at a time, but if there is a batch method I sure would be happier-

Thank-you!

brucemc777, Jan 12, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That is way too much trouble. Just leave well enough alone.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security permissions

1. Security permissions - Similar Threads - Security permissions

2. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  3. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  4. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  6. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  7. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  8. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  9. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...
  10. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...