Windows 10: Security Permissions

Discus and support Security Permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! What Security permissions do I need to stream from Media Player to a TV. Do I need WMPNetworkSvc and if so how do I get it? All I have at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by enfield250, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Security Permissions

Hello!
    What Security permissions do I need to stream from Media Player to a TV.
    Do I need WMPNetworkSvc and if so how do I get it?
    All I have at present is "Everyone" with full control.

:)

enfield250, Jun 1, 2018

2. Restore Security Permissions

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have cancelled the security permissions while setting it to folders and you are trying to restore back. We will help you.

• Which folder are you trying to set the permissions?
    • What are you referring to " files is affected "?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the file explorer and select the destination folder
      for which you wanted to revert back the permission changes.
    • Right click on the folder. Select the Previous versions
      tab.
    • Select the previous version in the below list and click
      apply
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2018
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Security Permissions

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Security Permissions

1. Security Permissions - Similar Threads - Security Permissions

2. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  3. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it: Windows 10 I caught a virus that gained access to my personal online accounts. It changed my Windows defender permissions to where it turned off, would not update, and I believe affected how Defender works. It also will not allow me to turn it back on. I have since used...
  4. Windows security service turned off and permissions lost to restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  6. App Permission in Privacy and Security.

App Permission in Privacy and Security.: I have Window 11 Build: 26058.1300. I have by accidently block a permission of some app when there was allow or block. Now i am unable to start the application. I have deleted and reinstall as well but nothing working. Any one know how to reset the app permission to default....
  7. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  8. Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...

Locked out: "You do not have permission to view this object’s security properties, even as...: HiI run Windows 11 on my personal computer, using my email to log in as the admin user. There are other standard user accounts for my family members. I attempted to revoke access to one of my hard drives for these users by denying all permissions for authenticated users. I...
  9. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...
  10. How to change security permissions on multiple photos?

How to change security permissions on multiple photos?: I recently came across an old laptop of mine from many years ago, and I'm trying to access the photos. I have read previous answers which have helped me to access the folders by changing the security settings to "everyone" and allowing all permissions. While this has worked...