Windows 10: Security tests for Refurbished ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Security tests for Refurbished ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What tests or checks should I run before using to be sure it isn't compromised? I bought it through a well-known seller and will pick it up on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ClydeM, Oct 4, 2017.

1. ClydeM Win User

Security tests for Refurbished ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro

What tests or checks should I run before using to be sure it isn't compromised? I bought it through a well-known seller and will pick it up on Saturday.

:)

ClydeM, Oct 4, 2017

2. Can I upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 at this time March 12 2016

I am about to buy a factory-refurbished Thinkpad T420 running Windows 7. How long do I have to make the free upgrade to Win 10?

Today is March 12 2016

Willie G_880, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Laptop with Windows 10 Home for Refurbished PC -- possible to upgrade to pro?

Hello.

I recently acquired a refurbished Hewlett-Packard laptop with Windows 10 Home with a Refurbished PC license.

I want Pro. All my other Windows 10 installations are Pro.

Is it possible to upgrade these licenses to Pro with the appropriate key?

Thank you.

IanJustman, Oct 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Why not download an iso, wipe the drive and clean install Win 10?
    (Yes, iso's are freely downloadable, and Win 10 should register automatically).

See the Tutorial section for a guide on
    -downloading an iso
    -clean install

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  5. ClydeM Win User
    Great idea! Thanks for the tip!

ClydeM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Security tests for Refurbished ThinkPad with Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Security tests Refurbished

2. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows 10 Home licensed on a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished HP computer; although the seller said the licence was valid, it has a Windows 10 Home license sticker on it but with Windows 10 Pro installed not activated. I'd like to make it legal, since I do have a valid license, I even purchased an...
  4. Window 10 Pro de-activated itself Refurbished PC

Window 10 Pro de-activated itself Refurbished PC: Hello Community, I have just purchased a refurbished desktop from Amazon. The sellers claims that they are a Microsoft Authorized dealer for refurbished computers. When the machine arrived, everything went smooth and Windows was activated. After may be a week or two I have...
  5. Window 10 Pro de-activated itself Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro de-activated itself Refurbished PC: Hello Community, I have just purchased a refurbished desktop from Amazon. The sellers claims that they are a Microsoft Authorized dealer for refurbished computers. When the machine arrived, everything went smooth and Windows was activated. After may be a week or two I have...
  6. Window 10 Pro de-activated itself Refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading windows 10 pro on a refurbished computer that came with no OS: I bought this computer from refurbish company and didn't come with a windows 10 is there another way to load other than purchaseing one like down load from Microsoft on to a usb on my computer then loading it into my dell computer laptop * Moved from IE10/other *...
  8. Windows 10 Pro for refurbished PC

Windows 10 Pro for refurbished PC: Hello. I recently purchased a refurbished laptop, that came with Windows 10 Pro, but would not boot completely into the operating system. Since it would not boot completely, I could not navigate to the restore or fresh start options, to restore the operating system to...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Refurbisher Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Refurbisher Install: Hi, I have a laptop that had Windows 8 and i bough refurbished with Windows 10 Pro - COA sticker attached, but not a traditional sticker with 25 Characters. When I reinstall with the system isn't activated and i cant change the product key as there is no 25 character Key. I...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro Test Mode watermark: I have a user who is experiencing the "Test Mode" watermark. I've tried a few fixes, such as bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF , as well as running sigverif. When I ran sigverif, I was told that all drivers are digitally signed. After restart, the bcdedit fix will keep the...