Windows 10: Security Updates Bug / Bugging

Discus and support Security Updates Bug / Bugging in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows has been bugging me to update my security settings for the next update, Creator. I have been passing them by, but the last time I updated them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikeincousa, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Security Updates Bug / Bugging

Windows has been bugging me to update my security settings for the next update, Creator. I have been passing them by, but the last time I updated them in the control panel.

This AM they bugged me again -- and -- took hold of the machine. This time the message could not be gotten around. They wanted me to update, taking on the tone "Me WANT --- NOW. Me WANT -- RIGHT NOW.

So I updated them again. But I could not compete. Why?

Because I run my 22 inch monitor in portrait mode with 150% enlargement. Apparently the button needing clicking was outside of my screen area and I could not slide the mandatory update window to get to it.

Finally I started from a cold boot and the forced update screen finally went away.

Is there some way to kill or complete these "Me want right now" demands without resorting to a cold boot?

Will they now repeat the loop or have I successfully complied?

:)

mikeincousa, Jul 25, 2017
  2. 7thSense Win User

Has a flashplayer for the windows phone come out yet ?

...and because of many security bugs and bugs that made it crash.

7thSense, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Clean OS

Yes, it's pie in the sky.

Four points:

1. There's no such thing a s bug-free software. New bugs are found all the time in *all* software but the trivial.

2. Even if it were bug-free, new security threats come along all the time, and updates are required to protect you from them.

3. Update are also made for new features and improvements, not just for bug fixes of better security.

4. Microsoft says this will be the last version of Windows. So updating will go on forever. That presumably means that rather than releasing a new version, they will update this one. That's what they say today, but who knows what they will say tomorrow.

Ken Blake, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Bigfoot Win User

Security Updates Bug / Bugging

They bugged me about that too, finally I clicked to update my settings. They showed 5 settings I already had in place, so I just left them that way. Then I set a time for them to start their upload of the Creator's update, did it at night but left the computer on. Everything went fine.

Can't really answer your specific question, but I agree with you that they are VERY pushy for you to comply. Initially I thought that the Creator's update was optional (and I had no interest in it).....but soon realized that it was mandatory in Windows 10.

Bigfoot, Jul 25, 2017
  5. Yeah. If I enjoyed being bossed around like this I would have stayed married.

mikeincousa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security Updates Bug / Bugging

1. Security Updates Bug / Bugging - Similar Threads - Security Updates Bug

2. Are the updates for windows security bugged?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the updates for windows security bugged?: Hey,so basically what is happeningi noticed it today is each time i go and click check for updates on windows 10,it installs the same security update each time i click on check for updates.I can click it 10 times in a row and it will install the same version of security...
  3. Are the updates for windows security bugged?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are the updates for windows security bugged?: Hey,so basically what is happeningi noticed it today is each time i go and click check for updates on windows 10,it installs the same security update each time i click on check for updates.I can click it 10 times in a row and it will install the same version of security...
  4. Are the updates for windows security bugged?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Security Upload Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Upload Bug: Every time I get an upgrade the Windows Security badge is flagged and refers to me needing attention. From what I can put together this is a scam bug that is piggybacking on your updates. The reason I feel this way as I received a scam phone call the other day with a message...
  6. "No Internet, Secured" bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No Internet, Secured" bug: Whenever I connect to a specific Wi-fi Network, it keeps saying "No Internet, Secured" but still have access to the Internet, though I cannot use apps such as Spotify, Microsoft apps,... My desktop can connect to other networks normally, my other devices can connect to that...
  7. "No Internet, Secured" bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No Internet, Secured" bug: Whenever I connect to a specific Wi-fi Network, it keeps saying "No Internet, Secured" but still have access to the Internet, though I cannot use apps such as Spotify, Microsoft apps,... My desktop can connect to other networks normally, my other devices can connect to that...
  8. Windows Security bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security bug: An IT administrator doesn't manage my PC to begin with, so I fail to understand this error. My PC is meant for personal use and is only handled by me.How do I fix this bug?...
  9. Security update KB4601319 bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security update KB4601319 bug: Microsoft Security update KB4601319 is causing device manager, system configuration and some other apps to close automatically within 5 seconds of opening the same... . Uninstalling the update fixes this issue.......
  10. security bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security bug: Why does micorsoft insist on trying to send me a "security code" via an old, defunct email address, rather than my active gmail account, which I use for login and communications. Then, when I tell Microsoft to send me the code vis text (still no idea why it won't send it to...