Windows 10: Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

Discus and support Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ " I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikeincousa, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
    "
    I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the Creator update.

That is because I am visually impaired and operate my computer monitor in portrait setting and Windows 10 at the 150% magnification setting.

I update the settings but I cannot complete the process because the right side of the pop up window is off the screen. I suspect there is a button there to press to complete the update process but I cannot see it. I cannot reduce the magnification or change the orientation without severely limiting my vision resolution.
    "
    The only way I have to clear the window is a cold boot. Once that is done the nagging has come back now three times.

They were to call me a half an hour ago. Does anyone have any experience with this. Am I wasting my time.

Have any solutions for me?

Thanks.

:)

mikeincousa, Jul 28, 2017
  2. rushfan3 Win User

Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

This latest ransomware attack has me wondering something, because the glitch was found within Windows, as I am now unable to look at a complete list of updates outside of what was recently updated in Windows Updates.

In the Creators Update, there's no way of finding all of your updates. How do I know that the Creators Update is safe and secure from this latest ransomware attack?

rushfan3, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Last Update and Version Created On

With respect to Windows Defender Security Center in Creator's Update, I note that the definition files have the same date and time under

"Version Created on" and "Last Update." However, the last update could not have occurred at the time indicated as the PC was not on at that time. I did another manual update of the definitions and the dates and times are the same again. Has anyone else
    noted this behavior in the Creator's Update?

I have never had any other security software on this PC in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks in Advance

Da Hokester, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

Microsoft did not respond to the above.

I called them via Skype. When they finally called back I stayed on hold for 10 minutes, then again gave up in frustration.

mikeincousa, Jul 28, 2017
Thema:

Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

1. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch - Similar Threads - Security Updates advance

2. Security Glitch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Glitch: What does the file software_reporter_tool.exe do for me?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-glitch/6c4fe1a1-47ce-45b2-ad09-5524e1770a43"
  3. Advanced Security

Advanced Security: In advanced security setting, how many people should be listed for having full control? I am the only user on this laptop, and it has my name, SYSTEM, and Administrators (my laptop). I have not given any permissions to anyone for any of my folders, or anything on my account....
  4. Advanced Security Settings

Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  5. Itunes PC APPS Simultaneous Update Glitch after Creators Update v1703

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes PC APPS Simultaneous Update Glitch after Creators Update v1703: I updated to V1703 Creators update and when I update my IOS APPS on my PC, it will not all update when checking "Simultaneous Updates" in ITunes APPS update. Unchecking the "Simultaneous Updates" box results in all APPS getting updated on the PC. I can only attribute the...
  6. Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Creator Update Asus Sound DSX glitch: Worked fine before the update. After update, the front left right and center and all mixed up or missing. Onboard audio works fine, dts connect from sound card works fine, except when using analog out of the sound card. I have removed and reinstalled hardware, but...
  7. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store - updating apps glitch in creators?: I always turn the option to update apps automatically off in the store settings. I prefer to check myself manually and choose when to download and install an update. I've noticed since creators that if I run a check for updates the app updates are being found but rather than...
  8. Creators Update - Missing Advanced Display Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update - Missing Advanced Display Properties: OK, now with Creators Update becoming available, has anyone figured out how to get to the advanced display settings? 81293
  9. Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!: Does anybody know where "advanced sizing of text and other items" from display settings is gone ? I cannot find it anywhere and I need Windows to have bigger fonts (and I don't want to scale everything, just the size of the text). If it's completely gone with Creators Update,...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update advances security & best-in-class IT Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update advances security & best-in-class IT Tools: The Windows 10 Creators Update will continue to bring new security capabilities to IT administrators to better protect, defend and respond to threats on their networks and devices. A few weeks ago, we announced new features coming in the Windows 10 Creators Update bringing...