Windows 10: Security warning

Discus and support Security warning in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terrysutt, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Security warning

Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot).
    This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how?
    Regards.
    Security warning [​IMG]

:)

Terrysutt, Jan 9, 2017
  2. cdhalbach Win User

Security warning..

While listening to the radio over the internet, a warning came over the speaker that my computer may be comprimised and that I should contact Windows Tech Support. Is this a real problem?

cdhalbach, Jan 9, 2017
  3. security warning

I keep getting this warning on full screen blanketing the edge with the message"
    Security warning [​IMG]

AlemayehuManaye, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Security warning

I do not believe there is a way to shut this off but if there is it is a Firefox settings. In address bar you type about:config. I would research what function is performed under the setting network.websocket.allowInsecureFromHttps

You are in a secure page from Virgin and you are asking for a search on Web. The browser detects the data will be sent from Virgin in clear text and warns. You might try searching from the very top search bar in Firefox. That or set Google as your home page. If you search from Firefox bar you can set the default search engine in "Options" to be your engine of choice.

Personally I would not defeat this warning. Hope this helps a little.

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Terrysutt Win User
    Thank you Caledon Ken for your reply,I think I will take your advice and leave well alone,
    I was curious why it appeared suddenly and I have to click it each time.

Terrysutt, Jan 11, 2017
  6. The internet is slowly but surely going https ever where. Could be Virgin did not have https on that page and only encrypted traffic after you logged in to their site. They could have changed their approach, say Jan 1/17, and encrypted all traffic on all pages thus trigger "Warning".

Use search bar at top of firefox or even address bar. Pretty much every modern browser will let you search from address bar and it will be encrypted.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security warning

1. Security warning - Similar Threads - Security warning

2. Security warnings about potential threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security warnings about potential threats: I have recently been getting warnings about files that are part of a backup set for another device (a Windows tablet). How do I get this device (desktop) to stop scanning backup set files for another device? [ATTACH]...
  3. How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10

How to ENABLE Open File security warning on Windows 10: I am a new user from Windows 7 and I found there a nice features (Open File - Security Warning Message) is missing on my Windows 10 version 1803. Note: I want to ENABLE it not disable it. I have tried to run inetcpl.cpl and reset to default, also tried to select Prompt...
  4. 10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings: Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1903. I have run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth MANY MANY times, including an hour ago. I KEEP getting a GAZILLION sets of four or more Event Viewer 10016 Warnings together about The application-specific permission...
  5. Windows 10 Drive Security Warning Messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Drive Security Warning Messages: In regards to the following question/answer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/how-do-i-remove-the-yellow-exclamation-and-padlock/9bb39870-0f38-4acd-b06f-2385ce5b8961 Is there a more reasonable way to turn off warning messages in regards...
  6. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  7. How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...

How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  8. event viewer- Application--SECURITY WARNING--

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer- Application--SECURITY WARNING--: Is this something I should be concerned with? "--SECURITY WARNING-- Unable to deserialize super secret file hashes. Will assume evil is afoot - all Validate0 calls will return DOESNT_MATCH at HP .ActiveHealth.Commons.Security.HashStore.LoadHashesFromFile0 log name:...
  9. windows security driver warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows security driver warning: I keep getting a windows security driver warning. it's about installing a driver but it gives no information on what the driver is for. Do I install or not install? [ATTACH]...
  10. Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file

Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file: Why do I get a security warning every time I copy a file to a new location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-a-security-warning-when-i-copy-a-file/a062cc2f-0335-402b-9484-c4cc9dbce253"