Windows 10: Security warning

Discus and support Security warning in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Terrysutt, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Security warning

Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot).
    This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how?
    Regards.
    Security warning [​IMG]

:)

Terrysutt, Jan 9, 2017
  2. cdhalbach Win User

Security warning..

While listening to the radio over the internet, a warning came over the speaker that my computer may be comprimised and that I should contact Windows Tech Support. Is this a real problem?

cdhalbach, Jan 9, 2017
  3. security warning

I keep getting this warning on full screen blanketing the edge with the message"
    Security warning [​IMG]

AlemayehuManaye, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Security warning

I do not believe there is a way to shut this off but if there is it is a Firefox settings. In address bar you type about:config. I would research what function is performed under the setting network.websocket.allowInsecureFromHttps

You are in a secure page from Virgin and you are asking for a search on Web. The browser detects the data will be sent from Virgin in clear text and warns. You might try searching from the very top search bar in Firefox. That or set Google as your home page. If you search from Firefox bar you can set the default search engine in "Options" to be your engine of choice.

Personally I would not defeat this warning. Hope this helps a little.

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Terrysutt Win User
    Thank you Caledon Ken for your reply,I think I will take your advice and leave well alone,
    I was curious why it appeared suddenly and I have to click it each time.

Terrysutt, Jan 11, 2017
  6. The internet is slowly but surely going https ever where. Could be Virgin did not have https on that page and only encrypted traffic after you logged in to their site. They could have changed their approach, say Jan 1/17, and encrypted all traffic on all pages thus trigger "Warning".

Use search bar at top of firefox or even address bar. Pretty much every modern browser will let you search from address bar and it will be encrypted.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Security warning

1. Security warning - Similar Threads - Security warning

2. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  3. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  4. Changing a Security Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  6. How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?

How to Turn off "Open File - Security Warning" message for a specific file in Windows 11 Home?: Hi,So I Bought a new laptop and while setting it up, contrary to what I always do which is use my last laptops data, tried to set it up by downloading every thing from source. so I downloaded Steam from their website and because of that I get this message every time, and...
  7. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  8. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  9. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

10. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...