Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do we need anti-virus or internet security softwares for windows 10..?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by arulmishra874, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Security

Do we need anti-virus or internet security softwares for windows 10..?

:)

arulmishra874, Jul 7, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 7, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  3. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  4. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  5. Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...

Windows Defender disabled features after installing the Security Compliance Toolkit and...: Hello,When trying to secure my computer, I found an article suggesting to install the Windows security baseline found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55319Now, this is one of the worst things anyone can do to their personal computer. Most of the...
  6. Windows Security Service Log-On grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Service Log-On grayed out: WHat to do to fix this gray-out in services.msc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-service-log-on-grayed-out/770e8f43-57b5-41dc-b884-bc3079ede03c
  7. Windows Security Service Log-On grayed out

Windows Security Service Log-On grayed out: WHat to do to fix this gray-out in services.msc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-service-log-on-grayed-out/770e8f43-57b5-41dc-b884-bc3079ede03c
  8. Windows Security Service Log-On grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...
  10. Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings

Missing Windows Security in Privacy & security settings: I recently bought a new PC and it seems a lot of windows features are still missing, one is Windows Security. I have watched tutorials online and saw that they have Windows Security in Privacy & security settings but my PC doesn't have that option, only Find my device is...