Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 for some time now. But suddenly the command prompt is not executing files without opening in administrator mode although i am logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aakashj24, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Aakashj24 Win User

Security

Using Windows 10 for some time now. But suddenly the command prompt is not executing files without opening in administrator mode although i am logged in as administrator.I have to especially right click and open cmd in admim mode. Also C and D drive ask for permission even when copying files(not asking for password). I am the only admin. Please help.

:)

Aakashj24, Jul 8, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 8, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. UPDATE AND SECURITY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE AND SECURITY: I troubleshoot my Update and Security .The Troubleshooter found out that :Some Security Setting are Missing or have changed.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-and-security/c3e7992c-875b-4195-9e77-58d3983ecd54
  3. Kernel Security Check Failure 0x139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure 0x139: Hello My Computer has been running weird for the past days. Recently I suddenly got a bsod out of nowhere which the Bug code 0x139. Here is the dmp file. DMP File If anyone knows what this error is related to please tell me....
  4. UPDATE & SECURITY

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPDATE & SECURITY: I'm not seeing many updates getting downloaded. I would get them so often. But now nothing. Should I worry that these updates are not being received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-security/cbad9292-71f8-4067-b09a-85687b3c651c
  5. Factory reset to initial purchase date and best security software company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Factory reset to initial purchase date and best security software company: I need help, I was, probably still infected with the malware called client5.google.com and my antivirus software didn't pickup the malware. Now I got 2 devices that won't factory reset to the initial purchase settings. I can't even hard reset. The software company was warning...
  6. Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says "No internet, secured", browsers can access internet, Microsoft Store apps...: I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on a Surface Book. I can connect to my home wifi network just fine and browse the internet on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. However, the networking icon in the system tray appears as a globe and slashed-circle. Hovering the mouse cursor...
  7. How do I update the new Windows 10 security update.

How do I update the new Windows 10 security update.: With the notice yesterday of a security update available for Windows 10, I looked, and there is no update for Windows 10 64bit, version 10,0,17763. Where can I find one for my computer....
  8. No internet connection after last security update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet connection after last security update.: Hi guys, just installed the lastest security update (KB4512937). Since then I have no access to the internet despite the network shows access to the Internet. Reset does not help. I suspect some problem wit the firewall service. The Windows Firewall service will not start...
  9. Windows Security Update - Error Code 0x80070002

Windows Security Update - Error Code 0x80070002: My computer keeps giving me a boot error. Checking for security updates I get Error 0x8007002. So I researched Microsoft Troubleshooter then I see this message: Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system...
  10. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection: So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing...