Windows 10: Securom / safe disc

Discus and support Securom / safe disc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there anyway to enable the driver in Windows 10? Half my games collection does not run due to securom/safe disc. Unfortunately lots of ea stuff. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Securom / safe disc

Is there anyway to enable the driver in Windows 10? Half my games collection does not run due to securom/safe disc. Unfortunately lots of ea stuff. I know upgraded versions of Windows can re enable the driver but I am thinking I'm bang out of luck as mine is a clean install.

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2015

2. Upgraded to Win10, now weird error with Civilization 4

The game itself is compatible with Windows 10, but only with downloaded copies from such as Steam since Steam uses more modern DRM.

The retail disc version uses safedisc or securom as DRM method. And Microsoft told that safedisc and securom would not be working in Windows 10.

Source: Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM

Also, take a look here: SECDRV.SYS Not Loading in Windows 10; this will break thousands of older games.

Edit:

Regarding the game not working on Win 8.1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3086255

Kaveh Dashti, Dec 21, 2015
  3. When I gave the software for 8.1 a whirl, all it said was "Platform not supported". So I am at a loss. I really don't want to keep Windows 10 if I don't absolutely have to.

It's the Sims 3, disc version. I am aware of the Securom compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows, but that doesn't explain why I was able to play perfectly for a year on 8.1 and didn't experience any issues until trying to play on 10. Now I've
    reverted to 8.1 and it still won't work. If the game hadn't worked the entire time I'd chalk it up to a problem with Securom, but it did work. That's why I'm so confused...

ColleenKelley, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Securom / safe disc

Cluster Head, Dec 21, 2015
  5. Thank you, looks I'm out of luck. I could of re enabled the driver if it was an upgraded Windows but mine is a clean install as 10 came on the computer pre installed. No cd cracks are like going into a minefield of malware with those sites so I'll steer clear. I would like to try digital version repurchases if the games were available in this way but not all of them are. Tiger Woods 08 (and all their versions before) and American McGee's Alice for example. Seems to be EA who are the worst offenders. Between themselves and Microsoft half my gaming collection ( which cost a lot over the years ) has been consigned to collecting dust. And Games for Windows live client no longer allows purchases to be downloaded so that's another roadblock - nice one Microsoft!

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2015
  6. @ Scottyboy99: MS mostly removed support for SecuROM/Safe disc from 10.

I have used cracks for many, many years to run my legally purchased games without the discs/DRM. I can honestly say that I have very, very rarely run into malware when using these cracks. Just make sure you scan them with an antivirus and you should be fine.

But you're right, your best bet is to repurchases digital editions of your old games if they're available. Steam, Origin, GOG, DotEmu, etc are excellent for this. I've had to do this many times, I guess it's just a small cost of being able to play your old faves on the newest versions of Windows. Sometimes gaming communities comprised of players will release unofficial compatibility patches/fixes to address issues with newer versions of Windows.

AnonVendetta, Dec 22, 2015
  7. Thanks, I am going to try game jackal and see how that goes to run my legitimate purchased games. I don't really know how to use yet but apparently it allows games to be run without need for disc in drive and creates profiles, fingers crossed

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Securom / safe disc

1. Securom / safe disc - Similar Threads - Securom safe disc

2. How do I play SecuROM games on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play SecuROM games on windows 10?: I have a few games on CD that use either safedisc, or securom DRM. I'm well aware that Microsoft has made this feature completely unavailable in modern operating systems, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play the games I paid for.Some of them are available in places...
  3. How do I play SecuROM games on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I play SecuROM games on windows 10?: I have a few games on CD that use either safedisc, or securom DRM. I'm well aware that Microsoft has made this feature completely unavailable in modern operating systems, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to play the games I paid for.Some of them are available in places...
  4. Do Purple Hills puzzle games have Securom copy protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do Purple Hills puzzle games have Securom copy protection?: I do not want to have SecuROM on my PC. Unfortunately I already have three installed. It also took SecuRom - moderately a while until the user account control reported. You did not have to enter a serial number. Windows 10 which was supposed to block this DRM did not do...
  5. DISC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISC: Hi I put a movie disc in my dell 755 tower lights blinked nothing happened does the disc go in the shiny side in or out THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc/37f8ab96-303e-4e6e-a6ba-829bfe9d1397
  6. Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disc Driver says there is no disc when there is a disc: Hi there. I'm trying to install a disc game on my Alienware Aurora R2. I've inserted the disc into the computer, however the computer thinks that there is no disc in the drive. The disc is good b/c it is detected on other computers. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the...
  7. Disc driver not detecting disc

Disc driver not detecting disc: Hi there. I recently reset a pc that has been collecting dust for a few months. After setting everything up: internet, malware protection, etc. I have been trying to insert a game that is a disc, specifically Microsoft Flight Simulator X FSX and my computer does not know it...
  8. Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM: Just posting this as apparently it was intentional for security reasons that Windows 10 does not support disc based games that used these old DRM methods. Windows 10 Wont Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM | Rock, Paper, Shotgun 17212
  9. Question about Securom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Securom: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 awhile ago now and I've really been enjoying the new OS. However I have an older game that is having some problems running. I would roll back to Windows 8.1 but that option is no longer available to me in the settings under update and recovery...
  10. Disc driver not reading discs

Disc driver not reading discs: I'm not sure if it's called a disc driver, the thing where you put discs in on the pc, but no discs are working when i put them there, usually when putting a disc in there afew seconds you see a little disc icon near the cursor, but when i put ANY disc no matter what it is,...