Windows 10: See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10

Discus and support See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 How to See Devices that are able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 [img] Information This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10

How to: See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10

How to See Devices that are able to Wake Computer in Windows 10

See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information This tutorial will show you how to see a list of installed devices that are able to wake your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To See Devices that are Currently Configured to Wake Computer from any Sleep State
    • Option Two: To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from any Sleep State
    • Option Three: To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Light S1 Sleep State
    • Option Four: To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Deeper S2 Sleep State
    • Option Five: To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Deepest S3 Sleep State

OPTION ONE [/i] To See Devices that are Currently Configured to Wake Computer from any Sleep State
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from any Sleep State

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter.

*Arrow powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any

OPTION THREE [/i] To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Light S1 Sleep State

*Arrow powercfg -devicequery wake_from_S1_supported

OPTION FOUR [/i] To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Deeper S2 Sleep State

*Arrow powercfg -devicequery wake_from_S2_supported

OPTION FIVE [/i] To See Devices that Support Waking Computer from Deepest S3 Sleep State

*Arrow powercfg -devicequery wake_from_S3_supported

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. _JP_ Win User

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

5. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Anne Ros Win User
    Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. See Devices able to Wake Computer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Devices able Wake

2. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  3. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager: I'm confused. It's hot and the computer room is the hottest room in the house even when most of the equipment is shut down, so I have the ceiling fan set to maximum to supplement the air conditioning. I also have a medium room fan as well about 1 foot in diameter running.I...
  4. Mouse waking computer when wake is disabled in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard no longer able to wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard no longer able to wake computer from sleep: I have Microsoft ergonomic KB, model 4000 v1.0 (15 years old), running on Win 10 Pro system, version 2004. I have configured powercfg to enable wake on KB. For the past few years this has worked. It was plugged into the back of my desktop computer. The other day I unplugged...
  6. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it: I am having trouble connecting devices to my computer via Bluetooth. It was a standard at first pro controller, I was able to pair the device to my computer effortlessly in the past, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I then tried the other devices I had used in the past,...
  7. Windows forgets “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” tick

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows forgets “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” tick: I want my mouse to wake up my pc but whenever I tick the “Allow This Device to Wake the Computer” box and restart my PC, the setting is reset. Please help! submitted by /u/Framed_Previz90 [link] [comments]...
  8. Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Disable the "Allow device to wake computer" !!! -- Windows 10: Just to preface... This was working for me just fine for the last 3 years, until I recently got a new desk and had my computer unplugged for a few days. I am using the Razer Chroma mouse and keyboard with the latest Razer firmware... I have gone into the Device Manage and...
  9. Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to allow or prevent devices to wake your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state. You must be signed in as an...
  10. See Wake Source in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Wake Source in Windows 10: How to: See Wake Source in Windows 10 How to See Wake Source in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to see the wake source of what woke up your Windows 10 PC from a hibernate state. See also: Modern standby wake sources - Windows 10 hardware dev...