Windows 10: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

Discus and support See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AntJac, Apr 26, 2018.

1. AntJac Win User

See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and settings. It's a free service that helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10, Xbox One devices, and Android devices running Microsoft Launcher. Youll find settings like activity reporting, screen time limits, location sharing, and content filters, where you can also track kids spending and add money to their Microsoft accounts.

A Microsoft family group is separate from other Microsoft apps and programs. You can sign up with your email account. If you already use Skype, youll have a family chat set up and waiting for you once you create your family group. If you dont already have Skype, get more information and sign up to create an account for your family.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

A Microsoft account is what you use to sign in to Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant to you.

Any device (ex: PC, phone, tablet, laptop, Xbox, etc...) that you signed in to with your Microsoft account will be associated (connected) with your Microsoft account, and listed under "remove the device.

As an adult in your Microsoft family group, you can see all devices connected to your child's account.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to see all devices connected to the Microsoft account of a child member in your Microsoft family group.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: See Devices Connected to Child Account from Microsoft Family website
    • Option Two: See Devices Connected to Child Account from your Microsoft Account Devices webpage

OPTION ONE [/i] See Devices Connected to Child Account from Microsoft Family website
    1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to manage your family settings online.

2. As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Family website, sign in with your Microsoft account if not already, and go to step 4 below.

3. Open Settings in Windows 10, click/tap on the Accounts icon, click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, click/tap on the Manage family settings online link, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on the See devices link for the child member you want to see all devices connected to their account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] See Devices Connected to Child Account from your Microsoft Account Devices webpage
    1. As an adult in the family, go to the Microsoft Account devices webpage, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

2. Select your child's account in the Device view drop down list. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see all devices connected to your child's Microsoft account. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AntJac, Apr 26, 2018
  2. JoniJones Win User

Adding a child family member

Thanks for your reply. Here are my responses to your questions.

• Adult accounts - set to administrator? How many?
      Yes set to admin. Two are, however both aren't connected to my son's account, only mine shows connection to his.

• Child accounts - set to child and connected to a Microsoft Account? How many?
      Yes, one child account is connected.

• Does
      account.microsoft.com/family
      show your family correctly?
      When I log in with my email, it shows my son as a child on my account.
    I don't know what this statement means.
    Section for the kids - should show a line item for each MSA (where settings will be applied to all Windows 10 and Windows Phone devices), and a separate line for each other non-Windows 10 device connected to the Family service.

JoniJones, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account - Able to Access Blocked Accounts

Hi Randy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the restrictions that you’ve set on your child’s account under
    Microsoft Family may be caused by some configuration on the feature. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you remove and re-add your child’s account to the
    Microsoft family. This process will re-establish a good configuration on the account. To remove a Family member, you may follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    remove members from your Microsoft family.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps under the Online section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may go to this article on how to
    set up your family, and then complete the given steps. After completing the process,
    you may set the restrictions to your child’s account by following the steps given in this article on how to
    set restrictions for your child
    on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 27, 2019
  4. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

Adding a child family member

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

In order to assist you better, I need some more information.

• Adult accounts - set to administrator? How many?

• Child accounts - set to child and connected to a Microsoft Account? How many?

• Does account.microsoft.com/family show your family correctly?
    Section for the kids - should show a line item for each MSA (where settings will be applied to all Windows 10 and Windows Phone devices), and a separate line for each other non-Windows 10 device connected to the Family service.

Section for the adults - at the bottom.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards

Rakesh

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Noor_Azam Win User
    Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

1. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member - Similar Threads - Devices Connected Account

2. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  3. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  4. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. Unable to see and sign in into family members account

Unable to see and sign in into family members account: I added the mail id to family members ,its showing that it was added but i couldn't able to login to that account or see the option to login into it....
  7. windows 10 child family member's account not syching

windows 10 child family member's account not syching: I have a windows family member child account on my laptop. My child can log in using his account credentials, but none of the account settings such as content restrictions and screen time applies on the laptop. It all works fine on the family desktop PC. The family account...
  8. microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft family 2 child accounts - one device: i have 2 child accounts set up on my laptop with time limits set for both accounts - different times set for both. one account works and restrictions apply, the other account has access all the time the child logs in. do the accounts have to be on 2 different...
  9. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...
  10. Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to...