Windows 10: See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

Discus and support See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 How to See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 17, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

How to: See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

How to See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact.

Just like your computer display, the higher resolution your Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset supports, the better visual quality you will have.

This tutorial will show you how to see the display resolution of the currently connected Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Mixed reality icon.

2. Click/tap on Headset display on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see the Headset resolution (ex: 2880x1600) under Resolution on the right side.

See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 17, 2018

2. Mixed Reality Headset not recognized...

Hi Leo,

Reinstalling Windows 10, installing the latest updates for Windows and drivers should resolve most issues experienced on Windows.

Since your PC couldn't make the headset work even after reinstalling Windows 10, it is possible that there is something on your hardware that won't make the headset work.

In the meantime, you may refer to the Windows Mixed Reality: Enthusiast's Guide for
    troubleshooting steps that may possibly resolve the issue, or you may use your headset
    using your laptop.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 27, 2019
  4. See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

Samsung's Odyssey Headset is New Leader in Windows Mixed Reality

Last week, images of Samsung's upcoming Windows Mixed Reality headset known as Odyssey were leaked to the Internet. Earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed these leaks by listing the headset for preorder on their own store with product images, as well as a list of specifications that indicate the Oddysey offers superior hardware and features compared to its competition. The new headset boasts OLED displays with a resolution of 1440x1600 per eye, higher than other Windows Mixed Reality headsets as well as both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. In addition to the extra pixels to combat the screen-door effect commonly noticed in VR headsets, the OLED technology is expected to provide improved low persistence, resulting in a sharper image and less blurring with movement compared to LCD-based headsets. In addition, Odyssey is the first Windows Mixed Reality headset to feature built-in audio in the form of integrated headphones. These improvements, combined with hardware interpupillary distance adjustment and a wider field of view (up to 110°) on par with the Vive and Rift, help it stand out from its direct competitors.

Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality platform is set to be released alongside the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update on October 17th, and provides a software platform for immersive virtual reality and augmented reality headsets from various manufacturers including Samsung, Dell, Acer, HP, and Lenovo, as well as Microsoft's own HoloLens project. These headsets will come at various price points ranging from $399 to $599 USD. Microsoft's listing puts the Samsung Odyssey's price at $500 USD including motion controllers, which interestingly puts the headset in competition with the Oculus Rift, despite Samsung's partnership with Oculus on the mobile-powered Gear VR. Microsoft has since taken down the listing, but the page is archived.

See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 aiCsl7xMitDGaaa8_thm.jpg

Sources: RoadtoVR, Microsoft

Papahyooie, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mixed Reality Portal not loading

We appreciate your response. For now, the Mixed Reality Portal is only available with the Windows Creators Update for Windows Insider. In order to ensure which Windows build you have, you can follow these steps:

• Windows + R.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

Once you've determined your build and have successfully installed the Windows 10 Creators Update, you may experience the new feautures offered by the update.

The Mixed Reality Portal may be greyed out because you havn't attached the immersive headset yet. Nevertheless, you can test mixed reality apps on your PC without a Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset by using the
    Windows Mixed Reality simulator.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mixed reality portal can not open but headsets working fine

Thank you for updating us. We've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and the same issue still persists. In this case, let's run the
    Windows Mixed Reality PC Check. This app is the best way to make sure your PC is ready to run Windows
    Mixed Reality. Also, we have to make sure that we are currently using the latest Windows build and version.

For more info, refer to this article: Minimum PC hardware guidelines.

Once the required specification met, we suggest to uninstall and re-install the Windows Mixed Reality.

To uninstall:

• Select Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality, then select Uninstall.

Make sure to disconnect your headset from your PC and close Mixed Reality Portal before uninstalling. To install it, go to Microsoft Store and download the Windows Mixed Reality.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10

1. See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mixed Reality Headset

2. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  3. Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updater not working; Mixed Reality not seeing my VR headset: Sequence of events:Got a new computer.Plugged in my HP Reverb G2, but nothing happened. Went through all the troubleshooting tips with no results.Reinstalled Mixed Reality Portal. It opens and says it is downloading, but then crashes. It was suggested that I don't have all...
  4. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  5. Mixed reality headset issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality headset issue: I have Lenovo mixed reality headset that I cannot connect to my PC. When I plug the USB cord in the 2.0 port, I receive a message saying to plug it into 3.0 port. When I plug it into the 3.0 , I get an error message about connecting my headset...
  6. Window 10 mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 mixed reality: are you able to play Forza horizon 3 on windows mixed reality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-mixed-reality/f43e8b34-48a5-45c2-a7d4-64c4c048bcca
  7. help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset

help with Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality Headset: Hi, I was working on an Unity application with the Dell Visor Windows Mixed Reality headset.It was working fine for the 4-5 hours, however, one of the lens suddenly went white and stopped displaying images. I tried restarting the computer, unplugging and plugging the...
  8. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. Set Up Windows Mixed Reality Headset in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up Windows Mixed Reality Headset in Windows 10: How to: Set Up Windows Mixed Reality Headset in Windows 10 How to Set Up Windows Mixed Reality Headset in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects coexist and interact. This tutorial...