Windows 10: See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor

Discus and support See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor How to See OS and Store Update Network Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor

How to: See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor

How to See OS and Store Update Network Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor

See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor [​IMG]
    Information choose to download updates only from Microsoft, Microsoft and PCs on your local network, or Microsoft and PCs on your local network and Internet. This can help you get updates and apps more quickly if you have a limited or unreliable Internet connection. And if you own more than one PC, it can reduce the amount of Internet bandwidth needed to keep all of your PCs up-to-date. Delivery Optimization also sends updates and apps from your PC to other PCs on your local network or PCs on the Internet.

By default, Windows dynamically optimizes the amount of network bandwidth your device uses to download and upload Windows and app updates, and other Microsoft products.

Delivery Optimization continuously measures your available bandwidth during a download and dynamically adjusts the amount of bandwidth used in background downloads to ensure these downloads won’t interrupt your use of your device. However, Delivery Optimization may not be aware of download activity that takes place on other devices in your household. If you have limited connectivity and would like to minimize the impact you can now use the Download settings to throttle your download speed for background downloads.

Starting with set a download and upload bandwidth limit if you're worried about data usage.

Activity Monitor allows you to see the overall bandwidth used in downloads of OS Updates including Feature and Quality updates as well as Store App downloads and updates on your device. You will also be able to see exactly the amount of data coming from other PCs on your local network or other PC on the Internet based on your settings.

The download and upload statistics data only reflects the bandwidth used since the first day of the current month in Activity Monitor.

This tutorial will show you how to see overall bandwidth usage by OS and Store App updates delivered from Microsoft and to/from PCs on your local network and Internet in Activity Monitor on your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Windows Update on the left side, and click/tap on the Advanced options link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Delivery Optimization link. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Activity monitor link. (see screenshot below)

5. You will now see the overall bandwidth usage and speed in downloads and uploads of OS Updates as well as Store App downloads and updates on your PC. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 2, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16291 for PC Insider

Yeah, it's all part of Delivery Optimization. That reminds me that I needed to do a tutorial specifically for "Activity Monitor". Thank you for the reminder. See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor :)

EDIT:

Done.

See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 excessive bandwidth usage

I've been keeping an eye on my bandwidth usage since I made the suggested changes. Everything seems to be great now. HOWEVER, when I want to do updates on Windows 10, do I just do a manual update? Will the manual change my updates back to automatic downloading?

Bwitching2002, Oct 26, 2019
  4. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Oct 26, 2019
  5. HTC
    HTC Win User
  6. Reduce bandwidth usage in windows 10.

Hi everybody!

I installed windows 10 and I really like it BUT it uses bandwidth too much.

Maybe this doesn't have meaning for you, but in our country we must pay for each gigabyte of bandwidth we use.

Please help me and suggest me ways to reduce this usage!

mohammadomidvar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. See OS and Store Update Bandwidth Usage in Windows 10 Activity Monitor - Similar Threads - Store Update Bandwidth

2. Remote monitor for Windows OS Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote monitor for Windows OS Updates: Hello,Is there a program where system administrators can monitor all computers in a network that is running Windows 10/11 on it's patches/updates. Need to be able to view all computers if Windows is up to date, needs updates, which computers are not updated yet and remotely...
  3. Remote monitor for Windows OS Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote monitor for Windows OS Updates: Hello,Is there a program where system administrators can monitor all computers in a network that is running Windows 10/11 on it's patches/updates. Need to be able to view all computers if Windows is up to date, needs updates, which computers are not updated yet and remotely...
  4. Remote monitor for Windows OS Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Are there any programs that allow you to monitor bandwidth usage of other people on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any programs that allow you to monitor bandwidth usage of other people on the...: Let's say I want to download something and I want to know if someone else is using the same wi-fi or how much bandwidth they are currently using. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  6. High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High bandwidth usage of ntoskrnl.exe.: I am using windows 10 for a long time but recently from few months, I am facing this issue every time I turn on my laptop. The Systemntoskrnl.exe eating all my data, whenever i connect to the internet, I am totally frustrated with this issue, I tried finding solution online...
  7. Safe bandwidth monitoring program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe bandwidth monitoring program?: On my previous computer, I used a bandwidth monitoring program called Networx. However, that computer later developed a crippling problem (the main hard drive locking up at random, unpredictable intervals). I had the computer tested, and the problem couldn't be identified,...
  8. Excessive bandwidth usage since installing Windows 10 Pro

Excessive bandwidth usage since installing Windows 10 Pro: I am a pensioner who has a special telephone/internet package for those of us on limited incomes. This package only allows 10GB of bandwith usage per month after which we have to pay £5.50 for each block of 5GB over the 10GB limit. When I was using Windows 7 Pro my average...
  9. Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor

Looking For A Simple Bandwidth Monitor: comcast as of november is implementing a 1tb monthly cap(bs i know when the average broadband user uses at least 2tb monthly). i have looked at various monitors and they leave a lot not to like. all i want is something that sits in the systray and when i mouse-over the icon i...
  10. Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10: How to: Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10 How to Limit Bandwidth to Download and Upload Windows and App Updates in Windows 10 Delivery Optimization has been synonymous with Peer-to-peer but few people are aware that it is also used as...