Windows 10: See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC How to See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mrpumpkin, Nov 16, 2015.

1. mrpumpkin Win User

See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

How to: See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

How to See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

After you see photos from your Android phone.

Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is preinstalled in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Version 1809) and it's available to download in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803).

The Your Phone app only gets photos that are in the Camera Roll or Screenshots folders on your Android phone. If you moved or saved your photos to a different folder on your Android phone, they will not appear in the Your Phone app.

The Your Phone app gets your recent photos from your Android phone over Wi-Fi, but it does not store your photos online.

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows your 25 most recent photos and screenshots from your Android phone.

As you take more photos on your Android phone, temporary copies of the older photos are removed from your PC. So if you think you'll need an older photo later, be sure to copy it from the Your Phone app before it gets replaced by any new photos.

The Your Phone app gets a copy of your recent photos from your Android phone and stores the copy as a temporary file on your PC. If you delete the temporary file on your PC, it does not affect the original photo on your phone. If you use the Your Phone app to edit the copy of the photo on your PC, it does not affect the original photo on your phone.

See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

This tutorial will show you how to see, copy, share, and edit photos from your Android phone in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. If you haven't already, you will need to link your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC.

2. Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.

3. Click/tap on the Photos icon on the left side in the Your Phone app. (see screenshot below)

See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

4. You will now see photos from your linked Android phone in the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

*note If needed, you can click/tap on the Refresh link to update your photos in the Your Phone app.

*note You will only be able to delete photos directly on your Android phone, and not from within the Your Phone app.

5. Do step 6 (copy), step 7 (share), or step 8 (edit) below for what you would like to do with a photo.

6. To Copy a Photo in Your Phone app
    A) You can perform one of the following actions to copy a photo: (see screenshot below)
    • Right click or press and hold on a photo, and click/tap on Copy.
    • Select a photo and press the Ctrl+C keys.
    • Drag a photo from the Your Phone app to somewhere else (your desktop, an Office document, an email, etc.).

7. To Share a Photo in Your Phone app
    A) Right click or press and hold on a photo, and click/tap on Share. (see screenshot below)

B) You can now share the photo to who and how you want. (see screenshots below)

8. To Edit a Photo in Your Phone app
    A) Click/tap on a photo you want to edit to have it open in your default app (ex: Photos) for Photo viewer. (see screenshot below)

B) You can now edit the photo in your default app (ex: Photos). (see screenshot below)

*note If you save your changes, they'll be saved as a new file (your original photo will remain unchanged on your Android phone).

9. When finished, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mrpumpkin, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Brink Win User

Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC Insider

UPDATE 4/26: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18885 (20H1) - April 26

#WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC!

Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone and viceversa.

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. windows 8 phone vs android?

How Windows Phone Is Turning Its Slim App Selection Into a Strength

Windows Phone has tons of advantages by sharing components (like .NET and Windows Marketplace) with it's Windows brethren. It takes less effort to produce a quality program for both platforms than it does for Android and iOS. Microsoft is pursuing quality over quantity.

Most people only use maybe 10 apps to get functionality not provided by default with the device. If Windows Phone has something functionally the same as those 10 apps on iOS or Android, the argument is moot.

Case in point: pick the features you absolutely can't live without on any phone and compare them. Are they built into the OS? If there is not, is there an app available to add that functionality? Does the solution meet your expectations? Answer those questions for each functionality to find which platform is best for you.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.4 version for Android - July 12

Source: Your Phone Companion - Apps on Google Play

See also: Your Phone app can now receive and manage notifications in Windows 10

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.5 version for Android - July 17

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    New Your Phone Companion app 3.5.8 version for Android - August 8

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. See Photos from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Photos Android Phone

2. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  3. Transferring photos from android phone to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring photos from android phone to PC: Transferring photos: My smart phone will not switch from "this device" to "connected device" for transferring photos to pc. Which option should be chosen and is there a specific reason why I can't switch between the two selections?Thanks!...
  4. Your Phone app won't reconnect to Android phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app won't reconnect to Android phone: This has happened every time I tried using this app (which I enjoy using when it works fine). I'll setup my phone link to my PC and for that evening, everything works great. I love it. But as soon as I shut down my PC and then go about my business the following day, when I...
  5. Your Phone Companion on Android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion on Android phone: OK guys, have a really strange problem here. I've been having MAJOR problems with the Your Phone app on windows 10. The phone I have, is a Samsung Galaxy s10, PC is i7 processor, 16Gb memory, windows 10 Pro Build 19536.1000. It has a bluetooth connection to the phone using...
  6. Your Phone App: Mirror content from Android phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone App: Mirror content from Android phone to Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] Windows 10 v1809 came with a lot of improvements and additions. There is some good news for Android users too. You can easily connect your Android phone with Windows 10 using the all-new Your Phone app. This feature was highly [...] This post Your Phone App: Mirror...
  7. Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC How to Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you phone screen, and more from your Android phone on your PC. Starting in Your Phone app version...
  8. Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10: How to: Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app in Windows 10 How to Pick Apps from Android Phone to Notify in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to the Your...
  9. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...
  10. Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is...