Windows 10: See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox?

Discus and support See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, See pic below. I'm using Windows 10. I installed the latest version of VirtualBox (and the VBox Extension Pack) and restarted. Then my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by m3110w, Sep 28, 2015.

1. m3110w Win User

See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox?

Hi All, See pic below. I'm using Windows 10. I installed the latest version of VirtualBox (and the VBox Extension Pack) and restarted. Then my wifi didn't work (had a small red x in the System Tray icon). See pic. I had to set these as my wifi network settings in order to get my wifi working again (see pic for the settings). Are these settings safe? I get my internet using a 3G cellular modem that has built-in wifi. The modem is not connected to any USB port because it provides wifi and has its own separate power. Just want to make sure I'm still safe and have not exposed myself to any attacks. I use Norton Internet Security and it manages the firewall. Thanks!

See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox? [​IMG]

:)

m3110w, Sep 28, 2015

2. Media Content Help Needed

Yes, under settings and "-"mobile network l had marked to have data connection off (u know where u decide if u want roaming etc) when l clicked data connection "ON" l could see the pic. After that l switched it off and was able to see pict as well, since
    it was downloaded at that point. It's not the wifi l switched off just the setting above.

AmericanDream---01, Sep 28, 2015
  3. WiFi Only Works in SafeMode

After receiving an OS update a couple of weeks ago, my WiFi only works in safemode now. The OS is Windows 10 Home v1607 build 14393.222.

If not in safe mode, the WiFi setting continually turns off. If I can get it to stay on, it's not automatically connecting to my network and must search available networks. The WiFi only stays connected for a minute or two then drops. I've reset my network
    settings and deleted/recreated the network profile.

I have tried every fix and suggestion found and nothing has resolved the problem. I ran a wlan report and it shows the driver is continually disconnecting. I have updated and installed the drivers. I bought a new USB WiFi adapter with the same results.

The WiFi has no issues running in safe mode.

Help is greatly appreciated.

StephStiles, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox?

1. See pic. Wifi network settings safe after install of OracleVirtualBox? - Similar Threads - pic Wifi network

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Laptop cannot see WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop cannot see WiFi networks: My laptop has lost the ability to see available WiFi networks, including my home network, so is unable to connect to the internet unless it has a LAN cable attached, in which case it accesses the internet without any issues. It used to work fine on either LAN or WiFi, its...
  5. see devices connected to wifi network

see devices connected to wifi network: Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wifi-network/7e04bdb7-76fa-4ce9-94e9-71ff0357b40a
  6. Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...: I just tried to go into safe mode with networking. I tried twice...option 5 from boot menu, Safe Mode with Networking. But when it boots, it does not load networking. If I click on the lower right corner icon, it shows Airplane Mode square. Doesn't say if it is on or off....
  7. Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...: I just tried to go into safe mode with networking. I tried twice...option 5 from boot menu, Safe Mode with Networking. But when it boots, it does not load networking. If I click on the lower right corner icon, it shows Airplane Mode square. Doesn't say if it is on or off....
  8. Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks

Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks: I'm trying to reboot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking option 5. However, while regular mode is connected to the network the Safe Mode doesn't connect and doesn't give any available network list. Any suggestions?...
  9. Not seeing my WIFI network

Not seeing my WIFI network: For the last. few weeks I have been unable to connect to WIFI. My laptop doesn't even see available networks. I tried updating the Network Adapters, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and nothing. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance....
  10. Can't see the list of wifi networks

Can't see the list of wifi networks: I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc...