Windows 10: See System Information in Windows 10

Discus and support See System Information in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See System Information in Windows 10 How to See System Information About Windows 10 The System Information tool displays a comprehensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

See System Information in Windows 10

How to: See System Information in Windows 10

How to See System Information About Windows 10

The System Information tool displays a comprehensive view of the hardware, system components, and software environment on the local computer.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to see system information about your Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To See System Information in System Information (msinfo32)
    *note To see more Msinfo32 command line usage, see: Msinfo32 - Microsoft Docs
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type msinfo32, and click/tap on OK to open System Information. (see screenshot below)

See System Information in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note System Information collects and displays configuration information to help support personnel diagnose and correct problems. This tool displays the required data to resolve problems, including information about hardware, system components, and the software environment. More specifically, the tool can be used to gather information about the following:

System Summary provides general information about your computer system. This includes information about the version of Windows that you are running, including the installation folder, the amount of physical and virtual memory, the locale and local time zone, and information about system hardware, including basic input/output system (BIOS), central processing unit (CPU), memory, and other system resources. Use this information at the beginning of the troubleshooting process to develop a basic picture of the environment in which the problem occurs.

Hardware Resources displays hardware resource settings such as direct memory access (DMA) interrupt requests (IRQs), input/output (I/O) addresses, and memory addresses.

Components displays information about the Windows system configuration, including information about the status of peripheral devices, ports, and universal serial bus (USB) connections.

Software Environment displays a snapshot of drivers, environment variables, tasks, and services loaded into computer memory. This information can be used to see if a process is still running or to check version information.

OPTION TWO [/i] To See System Information in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on About on the left side in System settings. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To See System Information in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the System icon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] To See System Information in Command Prompt
    *note To see more Systeminfo command line usage, see: Systeminfo - Microsoft Docs
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type Systeminfo in to the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To See System Information in PowerShell
    *note To see more Get-ComputerInfo command line usage, see: Get-ComputerInfo - Microsoft Docs

See also: PowerShell Basics: Are you using Get-ComputerInfo?

1. Open PowerShell.

2. Type Get-ComputerInfo in to PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. See System Information in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Information

2. Include system information.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Include system information.: hi, my windows 11 coudnt receive update for how many months, ill try to update and install but its error. someone help me? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/include-system-information/8a51aa6a-f06c-4cf5-90b3-95e6ab78513c
  3. Include system information.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Include system information.: hi, my windows 11 coudnt receive update for how many months, ill try to update and install but its error. someone help me? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/include-system-information/8a51aa6a-f06c-4cf5-90b3-95e6ab78513c
  4. Windows 11 system information says version 22H2 not 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system information says version 22H2 not 23H2: I have been having trouble with the latest Cumulative Updates and had to uninstall update KB5033375 after File Explorer would not open. I have temporarily paused Windows Updates because this is the second time in the last couple of months that an update has "broken" File...
  5. Windows 11 system information says version 22H2 not 23H2

Windows 11 system information says version 22H2 not 23H2: I have been having trouble with the latest Cumulative Updates and had to uninstall update KB5033375 after File Explorer would not open. I have temporarily paused Windows Updates because this is the second time in the last couple of months that an update has "broken" File...
  6. Volume.Sys Volume not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on...

Volume.Sys Volume not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on...: I have a strange issue when building PCs using Task Sequence, the Vol.sys file is not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on Windows 10 even though the file is present in the registry and C: windows/system32/drivers, this is causing problems...
  7. Volume.Sys Volume not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume.Sys Volume not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on...: I have a strange issue when building PCs using Task Sequence, the Vol.sys file is not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on Windows 10 even though the file is present in the registry and C: windows/system32/drivers, this is causing problems...
  8. Volume.Sys Volume not appearing in System Information > Environmental > Software Drivers on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. In system information Windows Defender application is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In system information Windows Defender application is off: HI was wondering if I could ask a question please. I just went into system information to look at something I noticed that windows defender application is turned off in system information I clicked on Run as adminstrator. I would like to now is this an issue in terms of...
  10. In system information Windows Defender application is off

In system information Windows Defender application is off: HI was wondering if I could ask a question please. I just went into system information to look at something I noticed that windows defender application is turned off in system information I clicked on Run as adminstrator. I would like to now is this an issue in terms of...