Windows 10: Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10

Discus and support Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello all Can you help me please? I have recently started working from home and am using Mail for Windows 10. There is just one problem - I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Vicki, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Vicki Win User

Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10

Hello all

Can you help me please? I have recently started working from home and am using Mail for Windows 10.

There is just one problem - I cannot see older items - items shown in folders only go back about a month

Is there anyway of seeing older items please?

Thanks in anticipation

:)

Vicki, Jul 11, 2016

2. Older sent items in windows 10 mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check if you are facing this issue even with the browser.

Login to your account using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and check.

If the issue doesn't persist in browser, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Run App troubleshooter.

App Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically
    fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

Please Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select
    Troubleshooting.

3. Select
    View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on
    Windows Store app.

5. Follow the
    on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Cazz58 Win User
    Older sent items in windows 10 mail app

Doesn't make any difference. Still only sent items from the last 2 weeks.

Cazz58, Jul 11, 2016
  4. strollin Win User

You need to go into Settings (Gear icon in lower left of screen), then Manage Accounts, select the mail account you wish to change, then "Change mailbox sync settings". The default is to sync only the last month but you can change it to "any time" to get everything synced.

strollin, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Vicki Win User
    Just had a look and Sync settings are "off" and the button to change them is greyed out *Sad

Vicki, Jul 11, 2016
  6. Does the button not turn blue when you click on it ?

insulator17, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Vicki Win User
    No, the button is greyed out and unusable

Vicki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Seeing older items in Mail for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Seeing older items

2. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  3. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail and post items: I accidentally created outlook folders as journal and calendar entries. How do I change the folder type or get my emails to a new mail and post items folder- outlook 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-post-items/332e4a8a-c04f-4103-8fea-13658788c829
  4. mail and post items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail issues, missing sent items.

Windows 10 Mail issues, missing sent items.: Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have just gotten a new computer and I am trying to set up the Windows 10 Mail account. I have managed to get my current emails coming into the inbox but when I open the Sent Items there is nothing in there. On my old laptop I have 139...
  7. Deleted items in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted items in Windows Mail: I have some 300 items in my Windows Mail deleted folder. Is there any way I can tell Mail to hold only the latest 50 deleted items only rather than occasionally enter the folder and delete a number of older items by hand? Thanks in advance for all help. 150705
  8. cannot see sent items in mail box

cannot see sent items in mail box: No items sent in my mail box ... How can I find them thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-see-sent-items-in-mail-box/6e8235b5-9281-4cd5-84a9-f3c6ceff0c9b
  9. Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail: I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to...
  10. Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail deleted items folder disappearing: I have to keep adding the Deleted Items folder to Favourites in Windows 10 mail program All the other folders I created stay there But every time I open Windows 10 Mail the Deleted Items folder has gone (In both accounts have in there) 105718