Windows 10: Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU

Discus and support Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to CU a few days ago and just got my first notification of updates. (I used gpedit to prevent automatic install of updates.) On the Updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pokeefe0001, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU

I upgraded to CU a few days ago and just got my first notification of updates. (I used gpedit to prevent automatic install of updates.) On the Updates and Security Settings panel I'm seeing a new symbol:

Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU [​IMG]

Is that exclamation point now standard on that panel or does it imply this is a critical update?

:)

pokeefe0001, Jun 18, 2017

2. Creators Update Stuck at 32%

Not so lucky after all. Windows Update has finally noticed and started downloading 1703 (Win10 CU). We'll see tonight it the new copy works.

RobertFarmer3, Jun 18, 2017
  3. tekkPC Win User
    Fail to install Windows 10 update now won't boot

The CU seems to be a real system killer. Dell did something nice. They published the names of their systems tested for CU. Is yours in the list? Maybe someone from Dell support can help get you back to the factory installed level.

Computers tested for upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update

tekkPC, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU

I would believe you are right on both accounts; It's standard and they are critical. MS did it that way in order to draw attention to the fact that these are important updates.

How long it'll last or if it varies with importance are two good questions.

5. Bree New Member
    Yes, the CU is more 'colorful'. Your reward for installing the updates is a nice green tick...

Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU [​IMG]

6. Isn't that nice. It's so doubtful I would install maintenance if I weren't rewarded with a little green tick.

I was going to say that Microsoft is treating us like kindergarten kids, but there probably are some kindergarten kids installing maintenance on their parent's devices.

pokeefe0001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU

1. Seeing something new in Windows Update after upgrade to CU - Similar Threads - Seeing something Update

2. see what's new in this update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    see what's new in this update?: on the windows update view update history clicking on the link just either goes to the Microsoft store and tips or stays blank another windows bug i feel ? 180659
  3. see what's new in this update?

in Windows 10 Support
    see what's new in this update?: on the windows update view update history clicking on the link just either goes to the Microsoft store and tips or stays blank another windows bug i feel ? 180659
  4. Something wrong after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong after update: Hi, A few weeks ago, I let an update run which took quite a lot of time. Since that update, I've been having some serious issues with windows 10. First, my background image just suddenly disappeared, and got replaced with a full black background color. Second, the...
  5. Windows CU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows CU: Need to download Cumulative Updates for Win 10 Pro for Workstation 64 bit. Can any one share the url. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cu/a8655241-41ae-4e9a-80e8-6d059f478495
  6. New CU on RP Ring

in Windows 10 News
    New CU on RP Ring: I just checked for updates and this started downloading. [img] Results in build 168. [img] 122812
  7. Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge problem after CU upgrade. Could someone confirm or otherwise.: This is an MS Edge Issue I've hit a peculiar problem on just one site... and out of all the sites I use it is the most important one to me. Following the upgrade I find that this site: diyAudio takes around 15 to 20 seconds to open. When open it takes a further...
  8. New CU Windows Defender interface

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New CU Windows Defender interface: What do you guys think? I don't like it at all. It feels awkward and uncomfortable to navigate. When you need to specify some advanced options (like exceptions for instance) is a real PITA and not very straightforward. 81737
  9. Bluetooth Issue after CU update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Issue after CU update: Hi, right after doing the CU update, i paired again my bluetooth keyboard and now I have some issues with it, When i'm away for like 10 minute my keyboard is going to "sleep mode" to use less battery as possible so it's not connected to bluetooth anymore but when I push...
  10. Save CU update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Save CU update?: Can I just download the CU update and not install it but save it to a file? 82448