Windows 10: Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing

Discus and support Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was trying to move my Pictures/Music/Documents/Desktop off my SSD onto my 3TB, but I messed something up. Somehow I changed the name of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ercousin, May 27, 2017.

1. ercousin Win User

Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing

I was trying to move my Pictures/Music/Documents/Desktop off my SSD onto my 3TB, but I messed something up.

Somehow I changed the name of the Pictures folder to Music, and changed the link to point to music, but it still has the Pictures icon. I restored them all to the default location now, and have restarted several times, but hasn't been fixed. You can see in my screenshots that I do still have a Pictures folder in Users\ericc, but it's not being picked up by the This PC menu.

Is there a registry setting somewhere I can fix this with?

Showing the duplicate menu entry

Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing [​IMG]

Showing the Pictures folder IS there

Showing current registry settings in: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

:)

ercousin, May 27, 2017

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, May 27, 2017
  3. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, May 27, 2017
  4. ercousin Win User

Figured it out! Replying so hopefully someone else can get to the answer faster than I did.

There are some registers in the same path that got screwed up somehow. I had two unnamed fields set to "%USERPROFILE%\Music". I just changed the top one to "%USERPROFILE%\Pictures", logged out then in, and it was fixed.

Ohh Windows!

Not sure if this is a software bug in windows, but seems like it. I suspect the thing that caused it was me trying to play with the quick access menu entries while still in the middle of moving the directories from C:\ to G:\

ercousin, May 27, 2017
  5. ercousin Win User
    I think what caused it was probably me selecting "G:" as the folder, but forgetting to type "Pictures" so my Music and Pictures folders got merged somehow.

ercousin, May 27, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    If all of your folders are correct now, you can move them anywhere you would like to. Just create a folder of the same name where you want to move them, then go to your user profile, right click select properties and the Location tab, move the Pictures folder to the pictures folder you just created. The same for Music, Videos and Documents. This will tell you how to move Pictures. Any of the folders with a location tab can also be moved the exact same way. Just once moved, click apply and be sure to click yes to do you want to move the contents.
    Move Location of Pictures Folder in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Seeing two "Music" folders in This PC menu, "Pictures" missing - Similar Threads - Seeing Music folders

2. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  3. Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder and my pictures folder missing: Hi,I was doing some messing around with onedrive and wanted it all to be nice and organised within onedrive. So that whenever I opened the ondrive folder I would see documents, pictures etc.. as different folders but instead the way I did set it up it was all just merging...
  4. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  5. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  6. Music and Pictures folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music and Pictures folder issue: Hello. My HDD with my files was dying, so I got a new drive. I had changed the location in properties from my C drive to the now drive before. I copy and pasted all my music, photos, and documents to the new drive. I then removed the old drive, and changed the drive letter of...
  7. Rename music/pictures folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename music/pictures folder: [ATTACH] hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the actual Pictures folder renamed to Music, resulting in two different folders with the same archives, if that makes any sense. ill...
  8. Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu: I recently noticed that The subject folders are now missing from my start menu list but are still displayed and shown as tiles in the start menu. I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed. All the subject folders are listed as "ON" in the Start settings....
  9. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...
  10. Two picture folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two picture folders: [img] I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes. I was downloading some pictures from the internet and in the process of deleting some of the pics and other stuff (blank pages and pages with what looked like the IE icon) I somehow ended up...