Windows 10: Seek detailed guide to registry variables

Discus and support Seek detailed guide to registry variables in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I doped out that color is entered as hex AlphaBlueGreenRed. Now I'm looking for font size and style, since the entries are unfathomable. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Dec 8, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Seek detailed guide to registry variables

Well, I doped out that color is entered as hex AlphaBlueGreenRed. Now I'm looking for font size and style, since the entries are unfathomable. It seems the registry is peppered with idiosyncratic constants and I'm hoping to find a technical reference that will explain them. Any leads?

:)

tcebob, Dec 8, 2016

2. How can I restore a deleted PATH system environment variable?

There was a system environment variable called "Path", which had numerous things in there. I created one called "PATH" and closed it. When I reopened it, I saw that "Path" had been deleted. I have not restarted my computer. I am here seeking assistance in
    mitigating the damage this has caused, so here are the details:

- I have no system restore backup

- I have no command prompts open

- I have not restarted as of yet

What are the consequences of deleting this variable? How can I restore the variable?

CorasBeorn, Dec 8, 2016
  3. How can I restore a deleted PATH system environment variable?

I assume you modified the %path% variable while in a Command Prompt. If so then your action has no effect outside the Command Prompt.

Frederik Long, Dec 8, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I don't know of such a guide.

Be aware that much (probably most) of the system registry isn't officially documented and much of what is available are only implementation details, accurate at time of publication but subject to change without prior notice. Most of the registry used by third party applications isn't officially undocumented.

The problem with documenting such things is that it makes it very hard to change them without breaking compatibility with older applications. The problem is bad enough with developers using undocumented details, a practice Microsoft has often warned against.

LMiller7, Dec 8, 2016
  5. tcebob Win User
    Sigh. Thanks for the info.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Seek detailed guide to registry variables - Similar Threads - Seek detailed guide

2. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted appis and certificates that are propagated through registry and hidden guide...: Hi ,there is much about my system that is not right. When I go into the registry there are many guides, hidden keys, unknown users, page redirector protocols, partition and bios manager entries other than default, i see when i freshly download files an api-msi-wincore series...
  5. Seeking Details on: "Susan Bradley’s Master Patch List"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking Details on: "Susan Bradley’s Master Patch List": Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1082 ~ Howdy Folks *Smile I'm trying to learn what information "Susan Bradleys Master Patch List" on AskWoody.com provides before subscribing to it. - My appreciation goes out to all who read this post and to those who can provide some...
  6. SOLVED! DEFENDER service missing - guide to reinstall it with a proper values in registry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SOLVED! DEFENDER service missing - guide to reinstall it with a proper values in registry: Hi, I'll be quick I can't turn on windows defender in services msc - it's grayed out i have admin privileges, adding 2nd admin doesn't help there's no disableantispyware in reg policies there is no "Windows Defender Antivirus" in gped, like a whole 'folder' in old...
  7. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  8. Looking for a detailed but simply explained Windows 10 installation/optimization guide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a detailed but simply explained Windows 10 installation/optimization guide: I haven't been formatting my PC for a good long time now and suddenly I wanted to reset everything and make a perfectly clean and optimized OS. I've had a look for such a guide and found some but they are mostly undetailed, not covering all aspects and somewhat outdated. What...
  9. How to call a registry key value under an environment variable ?

How to call a registry key value under an environment variable ?: I want to call a registry value Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version Key value under any Environment variable. Is it possible ?...
  10. Detailed practical step-by-step security guides for WIndows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Detailed practical step-by-step security guides for WIndows 10: Hi, Does someone know any other complex and well explained step-by-step with practical examples guide for Windows 10 security like this one? Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10 It would be great if the guide is explained like for a...