Windows 10: Seek not supported while casting.

Discus and support Seek not supported while casting. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, I can no longer seek while casting a video to my tv. My tv is a Samsung 55c-8000 which under Windows 7 "Play to",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Araduun, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Araduun Win User

Seek not supported while casting.

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, I can no longer seek while casting a video to my tv. My tv is a Samsung 55c-8000 which under Windows 7 "Play to", I was able to use my remote to seek and fast forward or rewind. Now under Windows 10 "Cast to Device", it always says "Seek is Not Supported". Is there a workaround for this?

:)

Araduun, Jun 7, 2016
  2. mc510 Win User

Is Miracast required to Cast from within Edge Browser?

Thanks Rafael! Can you please provide/link to the source information where
    Microsoft
    describes that Miracast is required in order to use the "casting" feature in the Edge browser? There is much

online commentary
    that claims that only DLNA is required for casting from within Edge. I seek an
    official technical specification from Microsoft.

mc510, Jun 7, 2016
  3. My Microsoft wireless display adapter ver 2 - Lumia 950 - No audio

Seek not supported while casting. :( Thanks for your answer!

Lumia 950 and MWDA v2 are latest devices of Microsoft. They are supported the technology and they can be connected without wifi router. The wifi router is just for internet when casting.

I think if they are set-up wrong, they would not be connected or cast anything while my Lumia and MWDA were connected and casted video. picture, game,... (without audio).

P/S: Playcast for Windows 10 - We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

Silvera1510, Jun 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Not with 10. A lot of features are going to disappear when Redstone comes out.

Network or Ad-Hoc peer to peer streaming is something that Microsoft has had a bad habit in chasing away.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  5. Araduun Win User
    That's annoying, intelligence should be improving, not withholding things that make everyone's experience better.

Araduun, Jun 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    No clue in what you mean with that cryptic post.

Microsoft has been in the process of stripping out a bunch on legacy code to make Redstone lighter on the CPU's and faster.

Linux and Apple have done the same thing with their code bases.

Stuff that people are not using, or it is breaking the install, is what Microsoft is trying to do right now. They have learned from their mistakes hopefully and will not do a threepeat with Redstone.

bro67, Jun 14, 2016
  7. PizzaPete Win User
    Fortunately only a few of the .mp4's that I made won't allow seek. But what is odd is what causes it to happen to only those few. I'm encoding them all at the same settings. My Windows 10 Professional build is 1511 (OS Build 10586.589) with the latest updates to November 21, 2016.

PizzaPete, Nov 21, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

I upgraded from 7 to 10 and am now on the latest RTM build 14393.447. I can seek while casting any of my videos to my Panasonic Viera, both from the 'Cast to Device' window on my PC and using my TV's remote. The PC sometimes reports 'Seek not supported' but I think this may be a timing issue - on a second (sometimes third) attempt it works, then continues to work while I'm casting that video.

One thing to check on your TV's menu is that 'DLNA Remote Control' and 'Network Remote Control' are turned on (those are Panasonic's name for these settings, at least).

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Seek not supported while casting. - Similar Threads - Seek supported while

2. Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent: I recently reached out to the Microsoft Support Team regarding a persistent black screen error on my Windows 11 system. Despite efforts, the issue remained unresolved. Subsequently, I received an email from 'Microsoft Escalation Support Communication' with an email domain...
  3. Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Verification: Legitimacy of Microsoft Support Agent: I recently reached out to the Microsoft Support Team regarding a persistent black screen error on my Windows 11 system. Despite efforts, the issue remained unresolved. Subsequently, I received an email from 'Microsoft Escalation Support Communication' with an email domain...
  4. Seeking Help!

Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  5. Windows 10 thumbnails not showing after seeking support for days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 thumbnails not showing after seeking support for days: So on my Windows 10 computer the VIDEO, not image, Thumbnails do not show no matter what i do, ive tried everything the internet has to offer to no success, each time its just fail after fail, Resetting Thumbnail Cashe, nope, Selecting thumbnails always show instead of icons,...
  6. Windows 10 thumbnails not showing after seeking support for days

Windows 10 thumbnails not showing after seeking support for days: So on my Windows 10 computer the VIDEO, not image, Thumbnails do not show no matter what i do, ive tried everything the internet has to offer to no success, each time its just fail after fail, Resetting Thumbnail Cashe, nope, Selecting thumbnails always show instead of icons,...
  7. Windows 10 thumbnails not showing after seeking support for days

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Seeking info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking info: I need names of the people who are doing this & who were behind lowering my productivity & learning since more than a decade here , in Germany & other locations & who tried to create bad data , recommendations, people around me....
  9. Casting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Casting.: My computer has been changed to NBN. Normally I do not have a problem casting from my PC to my TV. Normally a message would say casting to Family Room no2.. The appropriate Wi-Fi connect password was recognised. Today when I wanted to cast to "Stan" I received a message...
  10. Edge Chromium - Still Poor Casting Support

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium - Still Poor Casting Support: I just installed Edge Chromium on one PC. I'm surprised the casting functionality hasn't improved. Edge doesn't find my TV or Chromecast. It does find my Fire Stick but can't cast to it. More work needed MS! 151699

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cast to device seek not supported

2. seek not supported