Windows 10: Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...

Discus and support Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I get some basic guidance (bullet point would be ideal) on something. I have Windows on a traditional hard drive and just ordered a SSD. The goal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyQuick, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...

Can I get some basic guidance (bullet point would be ideal) on something. I have Windows on a traditional hard drive and just ordered a SSD. The goal is to move/clone the existing hard drive to the SSD and use the existing for storage. Will pay for software if totally necessary but surely there's a free and adequate method?

:)

AshleyQuick, Aug 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 13, 2018
  3. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives... :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives... :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...

1. Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives... - Similar Threads - Seeking help moving

2. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  3. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  4. Seeking Help!

Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  5. Seeking Help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  6. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  7. Moving to a new SSD

Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  8. NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW WINDOWS ARRIVAL: I WANTED TO ASK WHETHER new windows be just and update activated windows 10 or we have to buy itsorry if any wrong question asked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-arrival/6b01f644-a93e-4540-8203-e6744495e8fd
  9. Seeking help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking help: Trying to install windows 10 pro 64 on my new laptop through a usb port on the options i get 5 options of windows 10 home windows 10 home n windows 10 pro windows 10 pro n and few other options i choose windows 10 pro as i bought windows 10 pro when i try to insert the...
  10. Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking help with moving Windows when new SSD arrives...: Can I get some basic guidance (bullet point would be ideal) on something. I have Windows on a traditional hard drive and just ordered an SSD. The goal is to move/clone the existing hard drive to the SSD and use the existing for storage. Will pay for software if totally...