Windows 10: Seems skydrive is changing names

Discus and support Seems skydrive is changing names in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Take a look at this [img] 1486 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robinb9, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Robinb9 Win User

Seems skydrive is changing names

Take a look at this

Seems skydrive is changing names [​IMG]

:)

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2014

2. Can't rename a notebook and have it sync the new name to phone?

You can change the notebook name in SkyDrive and then it will sync with the new name.

ScottCaquelin, Feb 12, 2014
  3. DHaugland Win User
    Skydrive

Hi,

Have you verified your Skydrive-account at skydrive.com (accepted the new changes)? If you haven`t it wil pop up once you have logged on to the website.Make, off course, sure that it`s the same login you use.

Also, to change from "someone`s Skydrive" to "Your-name Skydrive" just follow these steps: http://helpdeskgeek.com/office-tips/office-2013-replace-someones-skydrive-with-your-name/

Is it the WP8 Skydrive app you`re having problems with, or is it the built in Skydrive?

DHaugland, Feb 12, 2014
  4. Seems skydrive is changing names

Yes I got the message about it yesterday, thought I'd read somewhere that the new name even was in doubt, we'll see. *Wink

Joan Archer, Feb 12, 2014
  5. Robinb9 Win User
    I did not get one yet for my skydrive pro but it is the same name, i am wondering what the changes are for both of them

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Ditto. . .*Thumbs

7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .another Ditto. . .*Thumbs. . .haven't see anything new at least not yet.

8. Robinb9 Win User

I guess time will tell,,,,

Robinb9, Feb 14, 2014
  9. After applying the leaked update 1 for 8.1 Skydrive has been renamed to Onedrive. I only have the basic free version, haven't noticed anything else other than the name change.

alphanumeric, Feb 15, 2014
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Not only did it change names, but they deleted also at least 1 important function. If you read a PDF document with the web app, the hyperlinks don't work any more - they used to. That is very inconvenient for me because I have a collection of tutorials there with hyperlinks that are dead now - like e.g. this one. Now you have to download the file if you want to operate it.

11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hope it isn't going to be to big of problem. Also hate it when things get changed without prior notice.

12. WHS
    whs Win User
    It is a big inconvenience indeed. Operating the PDF with the web app was so convenient.

Thema:

1. Seems skydrive is changing names - Similar Threads - Seems skydrive changing

2. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  3. Reset Skydrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Skydrive: Hello Microsoft! As I remember in 2012-2014 some years ago, Onedrive called... Skydrive. Skydrive was with this logo and wordmark back then 2012-2014 and Skydrive had also this beautiful design under in the photos. And it had more good abilities. So, please can you reset...
  4. your Skydrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    your Skydrive: How do I acces to yo your Skydrive to download the folderfix.drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-skydrive/326df3f7-ed5a-462d-8500-04786d55889a"
  5. Skydrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skydrive: I'm trying to understand how Skydrive works. Background: We (wife and I) have 2 physical PC's. Hers is a desktop and mine is a laptop. Her desktop formerly had Windows 7 & was upgraded to Windows 10 when 1st released to the world. My laptop formerly had Windows 8.1 & was...
  6. Disable/Remove SkyDrive

Disable/Remove SkyDrive: So I found this script: @echo off cls set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe" set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe" echo Closing OneDrive process. echo. taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1 ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1 echo...
  7. files on skydrive

files on skydrive: Instead of Microsoft Office I have Softmaker 2016 ($29) and it does everything that Office does. My problem is that all of my files from this program are stored on OneDrive although every file, even recent ones say SkyDrive, and when I open OneDrive It is not the same as when...
  8. OneDrive vs SkyDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive vs SkyDrive: Anyone have any idea why I can't access this pdf file, that is on my OneDrive, from any device? [img] . 100513
  9. Old Skydrive removal

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Skydrive removal: I'm actually asking for a friend who upgraded from W8.1 to W10. He has both Onedrive and Skydrive listed in Windows Explorer. The question is how to remove Skydrive and keep Onedrive. He has tried renaming Skydrive; well here is a quote from his email to me" I tried renaming...
  10. What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the file named "there" that seems to replace my Name?: I have noticed Windows 10 has a path: This PC > Local Disk (C*Smile > Users > there In Windows 7 "there" was my first name. They have even added a path like this in my Documents folder that I have in an external back up hard drive. 1. What is "there" supposed to...