Windows 10: Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Discus and support Select theme pictures-Desktop Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cfourkays, Oct 24, 2015.

1. cfourkays Win User

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view.
    The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme.
    I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine.
    Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro?
    For something simple like this?
    Pete *sarc

:)

cfourkays, Oct 24, 2015
  2. JOPadar Win User

Windows 10 - Cannot adjust theme settings

Yes it's there, but you can't customize it anymore; for example, setting the frequency for change of the picture of the Desktop background. I found that a workaround is to use the "Slide Show" under "Background", instead of "Themes". There, you can select
    a folder containing the pictures that you want to display as you desktop background, and customize those settings. But here, you can't select a "Theme" file to display as your background.

JOPadar, Oct 24, 2015
  3. rycheman Win User
    background set???

Hi,

Right-click (or left-click depending on your mouse button configuration) on empty desktop area, select Personalize and then select Desktop background. It's below theme selection if you just want change the background (e.g. select your own picture)
    not whole theme.

Cheers.

rycheman, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Preppy Win User

It's just over in the Settings application in Personalization :: Background.

Preppy, Oct 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background - Similar Threads - Select theme pictures

2. Do themes override background selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...
  3. Do themes override background selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do themes override background selection: I have a weird problem that I cannot get my Win11 theme selection to stick. Whenever my system comes out of sleep mode or restarts my background image is reverted to an image from a theme that, according to my installed themes, doesn't even exist on my machine. Why does my...
  4. Background theme pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  5. Desktop background theme again :-)

Desktop background theme again :-): Thanks to Ruth Buruga for telling me how to change the time a desk theme image is displayed using the registry editor. Can you tell me where the image is stored that displays after the system is started and just shows user names? Thank You....
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.: I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the slideshow change my desktop background using only 1920x1080? Or by tag? Or by multiple tags? I have a tag for my family...
  7. themes background pictures stored where?

themes background pictures stored where?: where are the themes pictures stored in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-background-pictures-stored-where/cd85408e-f9cb-4c36-86f6-17832fae3ab3
  8. Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes

Choosing pictures for desktop background from downloaded Microsoft themes: I used to be able to see all the pictures in a downloaded theme and then select the ones I wanted in the slideshow. I don't seem to be able to do that anymore and would like to be able to select the ones I want or create my own from several themes and/or pictures from those...
  9. De-Select individual pictures in Theme

De-Select individual pictures in Theme: I am using W10 Pro 1511 v10586.14 and seem to be unable to de-select individual pictures from my desktop background themes, can help with this issue, Thanks 32317
  10. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background: In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted. In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. select picture for desktop

2. how to select one picture from a window theme

3. select picture for desktop wallpaper

4. select picture for desktop themes,
  5. select desktop theme,
  6. select theme pictures for background