Windows 10: Selected games do not run

Discus and support Selected games do not run in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I clean installed Windows 10 64-bit Professional two months ago. I could play Hodoku and all Microsoft Games without any problem until a few weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bilaldadar, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Selected games do not run

I clean installed Windows 10 64-bit Professional two months ago.
    I could play Hodoku and all Microsoft Games without any problem until a few weeks ago.

Clicking on them does not have any effect. Same result when selecting from the "All apps" or "Start" menus.
    I do not know what other apps are grounded as a result of this malfunction.

I suspect the problem lies with the Java Virtual Machine that is needed by these games to run.
    But for the life of me I cannot work out how to fix the issue short of un-installing and reinstalling JVM.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

bilaldadar, Jun 30, 2017

2. Age of Empires II: Age of Kings not working on Windows 10

what does it do when you run the game as admin?

right click on the game and select run as admin

Mark Antony86, Jun 30, 2017
  3. ATMunn Win User
    Age of Empires II: Age of Kings not working on Windows 10

I tried that, still won't work.

ATMunn, Jun 30, 2017
  4. Selected games do not run

Why was this moved to gaming when it is clearly a Windows issue?

bilaldadar, Jul 2, 2017
  5. which version (build) of Windows10 are you running, bilaldadar..?

- type winver into the run box, it will produce a pop-up with the info..

- I've noticed that Dungeon Siege will run with the latest Insider build, but has refused to load on other builds..
    - knowing which version you're using may help in finding a solution..

BugMeister, Jul 2, 2017
  6. There is an updated Windows 7/Vista games for Windows 10 pack that works for Anniversary and later editions. I've personally tested it on Creators update. I'll post a link if I can find it again.

AnonVendetta, Jul 4, 2017
  7. AnonVendetta, Jul 4, 2017
  8. Selected games do not run

Thank you but that solution does not work. My problem is I could play all games up to a few weeks ago. Now even third party games are not playing. I have reisntalled Java and Adobe Flash to no avail.

bilaldadar, Jul 4, 2017
  9. - have you considered becoming a Windows 10 Insider?
    - the latest build contains a number of improvements..

BugMeister, Jul 5, 2017
  10. How do I become an insider?

bilaldadar, Jul 5, 2017
  11. Selected games do not run [​IMG]

- look in All Settings under Update and Security
    - click on the Windows Insider Programme option - enter the Fast Ring and go from there..

PS - be patient, though - when you are accepted on the programme..
    - the upgrades can take a long time to download and install..

- if you hit any snags, there is a Forum topic on this site that will provide assistance

Windows Insider - Windows 10 Forums

*Wink

BugMeister, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Selected games do not run

1. Selected games do not run - Similar Threads - Selected games run

2. Not running a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not running a game: I programmed it to play. And it was great. But after people enter. They had a problem. And it is: The first time you press the game, it will hold for 3 seconds, and then that. do not open. What is the problem ?...
  3. Not running a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not running a game: I programmed it to play. And it was great. But after people enter. They had a problem. And it is: The first time you press the game, it will hold for 3 seconds, and then that. do not open. What is the problem ?...
  4. Apps don't run when selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps don't run when selected: Windows starts and look like all is fine, but an app is selected nothing happens. Not even system apps so I can't even run cmd to see what can be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-dont-run-when-selected/137a6055-5faa-4ad1-b1d8-4d23360ef1af
  5. Apps don't run when selected

Apps don't run when selected: Windows starts and look like all is fine, but an app is selected nothing happens. Not even system apps so I can't even run cmd to see what can be done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-dont-run-when-selected/137a6055-5faa-4ad1-b1d8-4d23360ef1af
  6. Apps don't run when selected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Error running anything that has to do with gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error running anything that has to do with gaming: Hey Guys, So when i would run something such as Minecraft, or anything that you game with it would just show up this and then crash my pc [ATTACH]...
  8. GAMES ARE NOT RUNNING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMES ARE NOT RUNNING: I HAVE WINDOWS 10 ON MY LAPTOP, I TAKE GAMES FROM MY BROTHERS LAPTOP WHO HAVE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE . PROBLEM IS SOME GAMES ARE WORKING AND SOME NOT. RATIO IS 1:4. PLEASE HELP ME ....
  9. Games not running ........................

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running ........................: Something has changed in win 10 on my pc. Games that have been running perfectly suddenly are telling me that I have to 'use administrator privileges' to play and are refusing to open. I have just reinstalled Doom 3 again to see if it fixed the fault - nothing. I am...
  10. Game DVR "selective" compatability

Game DVR "selective" compatability: Up untill the recent update, Game DVR worked with every application, now I get a "this PC does not meet requirement message" in firefox, yet still works in all otheres I have tried... Firefox has not been updated/changed, no new drivers, just the latest update for windows...