Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect

Discus and support Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I use restream chat daily to hear the messages that viewers of my streaming type in Twitch and Youtube. It has the TTS feature activated and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zapa, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zapa Win User

Hi!

I use restream chat daily to hear the messages that viewers of my streaming type in Twitch and Youtube. It has the TTS feature activated and the voice David (English/USA) selected. Also in the Windows 10 TTS setup window I have it selected.

Everything worked fine until one day the voice was switched to Helena (Spanish). It just happened and I did nothing. When I reviewed the TTS setup screens in Restream and Windows 10 everything looked fine and David is still selected. But none of the apps can use that voice and all of them use Helena. I tried also with Microsoft Word with no result. The funny thing is that even Restream has no option to select Helena (?)

Why did that happen? Can I fix it? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Zapa, Jul 7, 2018
  2. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Jul 7, 2018
  3. grecinos Win User
    How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, Jul 7, 2018
  4. GeorgeMurphy1 Win User

Changing Text to Speech Voice

Hello,

I've been trying to make the Microsoft George text to speech voice on my Windows 10 desktop computer available for use in the third-party program, Voice Attack. I downloaded the English (UK) language pack, and thought that would be enough, but not only is
    the voice not visible to voice attack, it's not visible to Microsoft Office, and I can't get it to read anything except the sample text in setting when you click the Preview button.

I tried setting Microsoft George as my default text to speech voice in Settings and restarted my computer. The default text to speech voice in settings still said it's Microsoft George as it should, but everything reads in the Microsoft David voice, and
    Microsoft George is still not visible to Voice Attack. The strange part is that Microsoft Hazel does show up and does work in other applications. I checked Control Panel>Ease of Access>Use a computer without a display>Set up text to speech, and Only David,
    Zira, and Hazel show up, same as in Voice Attack. I tried downloading the English (UK) language pack from the Control Panel instead of settings but to no effect. The only thing I haven't tried is setting my default language to English (UK), because I don't
    want my written languages to change. Other than that, I'm out of things to try.

I can't seem to find anyone who's having quite the same problem as me online. I did get something that suggested that the voice I want might be somehow only available for mobile operating systems, but I've found nothing to suggest that this one is a mobile
    voice on the website or in Settings. If for some reason it is incompatible with a desktop OS, I would appreciate any suggestion (short of piracy which I don't engage in) anyone has of how I can get a reasonably high quality male TTS with a British accent to
    work on my Windows 10 desktop without having to pay upwards of $30 for the professional ones.

Thank you.

GeorgeMurphy1, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect - Similar Threads - Selected Text Speech

2. 3D Paint Magic Select

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Paint Magic Select: In 3D Paint, I am trying to use Magic Select to move an item within a photo. For quite awhile I was able to do this and the background was "intelligently filled" as the item was moved. However now, when I move or delete the item, the space is left white. I don't know why...
  3. Windows store downloads at selected time.

Windows store downloads at selected time.: I don't have data caps when it's 2 am. But at that time im sleeping and can't use my computer. I want to be able download apps and games after 2 am. How can I do that?...
  4. Sketch Up select tool slows down due to KB4013249 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sketch Up select tool slows down due to KB4013249 update: I have been having difficulty with Sketch up running horribly that occurred quite some time ago. In researching after struggling with it for months, I found that the Sketch up community attributed this to the windows update KB4013249. Can I remove this update, or do you have...
  5. Text selection is one character to the right of the cursor location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text selection is one character to the right of the cursor location: The location of my cursor on screen doesn't line up with the location in text where the cursor is inserted. The actual insertion point is about one character to the right of the location of the cursor. For example if I click between the c and u in "cursor" and drag to the...
  6. Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Long term bug: Selecting text in MS Edge Address Bar: Wow, I can't believe this one is still around, plaguing even the very latest MS Edge build that comes with the Creators update... I raised this in the Feedback tool close to a year ago and have also seen heaps of other votes for this known issue. Whenever you click the...
  7. Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.

Changing colour of selected text in Microsoft Sticky Notes app.: I am looking at the MS Sticky Notes app as a replacement for 3M Post-It Notes app which is giving me trouble at the moment. What I would like to do in Sticky Notes is to change the colour of various selected pieces of text (which you can do in Post-It Notes). I have found...
  8. Word 2010 speak selected text limit?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2010 speak selected text limit?: I often use MS Word 2010's "speak selected text" feature to help edit portions of the text I write. The highlighted text plays back fine, but sometimes it just stops after a few hundred words, even though I've highlighted more text. Is there a limitation to the amount of text...
  9. Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed: Hello, I have a strange issue, this started about a week ago after Creators' update. I have the system to auto-update all software and features from Microsoft. All drivers are up to date. I have manually installed the latest display driver for this laptop. Issue: When I...
  10. Which registry key controls the right click options for selected text

in Windows 10 Support
    Which registry key controls the right click options for selected text: In almost any file that contains text such as notepad, or any windows 'box' where typing is allowed, when you select some or all of the text displayed by highlighting it, the right click menu offered for the selected text contains things like 'Open IME' or 'Right to left...