Windows 10: Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect

Discus and support Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I use restream chat daily to hear the messages that viewers of my streaming type in Twitch and Youtube. It has the TTS feature activated and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zapa, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zapa Win User

Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect

Hi!

I use restream chat daily to hear the messages that viewers of my streaming type in Twitch and Youtube. It has the TTS feature activated and the voice David (English/USA) selected. Also in the Windows 10 TTS setup window I have it selected.

Everything worked fine until one day the voice was switched to Helena (Spanish). It just happened and I did nothing. When I reviewed the TTS setup screens in Restream and Windows 10 everything looked fine and David is still selected. But none of the apps can use that voice and all of them use Helena. I tried also with Microsoft Word with no result. The funny thing is that even Restream has no option to select Helena (?)

Why did that happen? Can I fix it? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Zapa, Jul 7, 2018
  2. enrix Win User

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

Hello

I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any suggestion?

Many thanks,

enrix, Jul 7, 2018
  3. grecinos Win User
    How do you change the text to speech voice in a (Windows) vbscript?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a text to speech vbscript. The problem I'm having is that I can only select between 3 voices. I have 8 available in Windows 10.

Here is my code:

Code: set voice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice") set voice.Voice = voice.GetVoices.Item(1) voice.Rate = 1 voice.Volume = 90 voice.Speak TextMessage[/quote] I get a vbs error message when I choose a number greater than 2 for the voice.GetVoices.Item(1) parameter.

Error: 0x80045039
    Code: 80045039
    Source: (null)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

grecinos

grecinos, Jul 7, 2018
  4. GeorgeMurphy1 Win User

Changing Text to Speech Voice

Hello,

I've been trying to make the Microsoft George text to speech voice on my Windows 10 desktop computer available for use in the third-party program, Voice Attack. I downloaded the English (UK) language pack, and thought that would be enough, but not only is
    the voice not visible to voice attack, it's not visible to Microsoft Office, and I can't get it to read anything except the sample text in setting when you click the Preview button.

I tried setting Microsoft George as my default text to speech voice in Settings and restarted my computer. The default text to speech voice in settings still said it's Microsoft George as it should, but everything reads in the Microsoft David voice, and
    Microsoft George is still not visible to Voice Attack. The strange part is that Microsoft Hazel does show up and does work in other applications. I checked Control Panel>Ease of Access>Use a computer without a display>Set up text to speech, and Only David,
    Zira, and Hazel show up, same as in Voice Attack. I tried downloading the English (UK) language pack from the Control Panel instead of settings but to no effect. The only thing I haven't tried is setting my default language to English (UK), because I don't
    want my written languages to change. Other than that, I'm out of things to try.

I can't seem to find anyone who's having quite the same problem as me online. I did get something that suggested that the voice I want might be somehow only available for mobile operating systems, but I've found nothing to suggest that this one is a mobile
    voice on the website or in Settings. If for some reason it is incompatible with a desktop OS, I would appreciate any suggestion (short of piracy which I don't engage in) anyone has of how I can get a reasonably high quality male TTS with a British accent to
    work on my Windows 10 desktop without having to pay upwards of $30 for the professional ones.

Thank you.

GeorgeMurphy1, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Selected Text To Speech voice has no effect - Similar Threads - Selected Text Speech

2. any good speech-to-text freeware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any good speech-to-text freeware?: I use speech to text frequently with my iPhone because I don't do well with the virtual keyboard. and I like the autocorrect for thingls like dont and cant. I'm pretty good with my desktop REAL keyboard, but I just got a microphone after my upgrade to Windows 10 and Cortana....
  3. Speech to text ... how to install en-US voice pack

Speech to text ... how to install en-US voice pack: Hi ... I have software which requires the Microsoft Speech Recognizer ... Win10 comes with en-UK installed but I need en-US ... how do I go about getting it??? 19265
  4. Text-to-speech?

Text-to-speech?: Hello, just installed Win10 Pro 64 on my laptop and was wondering if they built in a Text-to-speech app? Like something you can copy-paste text in? -thanks! 10395
  5. word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice

word 2010 text to speech cannot change voice: Hello I have enabled text to speech on Windows 10 and have selected MS David desktop voice and it seems to work fine when I test it however when I use text to speech on Word 2010 the voice is always that of MS Hazel desktop and I do not seem to be able to change it. Any...
  6. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Support
    Text to Speech: I want to change from "Microsoft David mobile" to "Microsoft Mark mobile" but I don't know how to save it and it goes back to Microsoft David mobile. 101792
  7. How to remove Optional Features (text-speech, speech rec., etc)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Optional Features (text-speech, speech rec., etc)?: Hi Guys, I've just installed 1607 on a few of my machines (clean installs) and am now tweaking and cleaning up unnecessary features. All is well, apart from a few "Optional features" that don't seem to have an 'Uninstall' option, namely a bunch of text-to-speech, speech...
  8. Autoscroll function and speech to text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoscroll function and speech to text?: I was told Windows 10 had both but I can find neither. I know MS Word has an autoscrolling function but it's too fast even at the lowest setting. *Sad I Googled and YTed but I still can't find out how to get speech to text to work. 32990
  9. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644
  10. Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech

in Windows 10 Support
    Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech: When I play a video on Youtube, it looks like this: [img] Then I run my tts reader, and it looks like this: [img] To sum up the images, all applications that make sound that are not the tts reader are muted. I have found the threads in Windows 7-8 that tell me...