Windows 10: Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back

Discus and support Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svanhildr, Jul 29, 2018.

1. svanhildr Win User

Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back

I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as AFTER it is unselected. I've uploaded a gif - With a bunch of random text, I select some, scroll away so it is out of view and then click out to a different window. This causes notepad to scroll so the selection is in view.

Is there a way to stop or change this behavior? Does it have something to do with my settings of allowing scrolling of inactive windows?

Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back [​IMG]

:)

svanhildr, Jul 29, 2018

2. Notepad scrolling annoyance

Hello, I'm using notepad and loved the feature that you can have the windows as a "split screen" style.

However, there is one annoyance about notepad: if you select text (highlight), scroll it off screen, and then select anything outside the window, the window will automatically scroll to the selected text. In the next update of windows, can you add an option
    to turn that off? Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate category***

RedFireBro122333, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back - Similar Threads - Selection notepad Scroll

2. scroll speed when selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll speed when selecting text: When I am selecting text, to copy and paste it, and I drag the curser so that I can get the screen to scroll down to select more text, the screen moves too fast, if I am even somewhat slow it will reach the bottom of the article or web page. This leads me to be unable to...
  3. scroll speed when selecting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scroll speed when selecting text: When I am selecting text, to copy and paste it, and I drag the curser so that I can get the screen to scroll down to select more text, the screen moves too fast, if I am even somewhat slow it will reach the bottom of the article or web page. This leads me to be unable to...
  4. scroll speed when selecting text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  6. Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page

Scroll Wheel is changing the volume, not scrolling the page: It just opens a little sound window and lowers the volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-wheel-is-changing-the-volume-not-scrolling/5c92ced9-f70a-4ea6-a31f-6ee19a91602c
  7. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  8. Scroll Click not working in Notepad

Scroll Click not working in Notepad: Scroll clicking to move about a page works for me everywhere, with the exception that I am unable to scroll click to move about when in Notepad. I used to be able to scroll click but now that no longer works. Now I have to spin the scroll wheel or use the side scroll bar to...
  9. Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad Scrolling Does Not Work: In Notepad, the scrolling on a laptop's touchpad isn't smooth at all. First there's a delay, and then it jerks down and stops. So you can't read as you scroll because it's not smooth and you lose your place and have to find where you were reading. It's extremely...
  10. How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?: This morning, I decided to make the jump to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and I have to say, the design looks simpler to use, but this new OS software has done something with my touchpad. Originally, on my Windows 8.1, I was able to scroll through whatever web pages or folders...