Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back

Discus and support Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svanhildr, Jul 29, 2018.

1. svanhildr Win User

I'm curious to know if there is a change for this because it is annoying to me since it occurs when something is highlighted in selection as well as AFTER it is unselected. I've uploaded a gif - With a bunch of random text, I select some, scroll away so it is out of view and then click out to a different window. This causes notepad to scroll so the selection is in view.

Is there a way to stop or change this behavior? Does it have something to do with my settings of allowing scrolling of inactive windows?

Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back [​IMG]

:)

svanhildr, Jul 29, 2018
  2. RedFireBro122333 Win User

Notepad scrolling annoyance

Hello, I'm using notepad and loved the feature that you can have the windows as a "split screen" style.

However, there is one annoyance about notepad: if you select text (highlight), scroll it off screen, and then select anything outside the window, the window will automatically scroll to the selected text. In the next update of windows, can you add an option
    to turn that off? Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate category***

RedFireBro122333, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Selection in notepad - Scroll and change focus scrolls back - Similar Threads - Selection notepad Scroll

2. How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover a replaced notepad file? (Important file:( ): TL;DR I opened a notepad that I have, clicked save as and then saved it with the same name in the same directory(i.e replaced it). Can I recover the previous version of the note pad? full story: I reset my windows. after that, I get a problem where my notepad files that...
  3. OS selection menu not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...
  4. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  5. OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes": Hello, I have the dreaded issue as well... Tried: - Wipe OneDrive and start over - Delete all files (even in .zip files) with 0bytes - Break connection and reconnect OneDrive Nothing helped. Any thoughts on what to try next? Kind regards, Ferry...
  6. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  7. I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...

I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...: I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that to display in English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/im-getting-trouble-while-typing-as-it-is/936dde73-9ebf-498f-9065-99cc79e0e5fd
  8. How do I change the paper type in Microsoft Photos. I need to print on transparancies

How do I change the paper type in Microsoft Photos. I need to print on transparancies: How do I change the paper type in Microsoft photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/how-do-i-change-the-paper-type-in-microsoft-photos/36beb618-c994-47b8-9fe1-af2d8e46b498
  9. notepad

notepad: can you make a list and alphabetize it in notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad/800a4db3-16ec-4417-832b-634841050923
  10. How can I change my display back to default settings?

How can I change my display back to default settings?: How do I change my display back to the default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-can-i-change-my-display-back-to-default/94b1b49f-80bb-4056-8edf-96fe21763367