Windows 10: Selective Print Problem

Discus and support Selective Print Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have reservations made at 2 hotels, a rental car company, and an airlines. All emailed me confirmations to the same email account. Only 1 hotel and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamGentry2, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Selective Print Problem

I have reservations made at 2 hotels, a rental car company, and an airlines. All emailed me confirmations to the same email account. Only 1 hotel and the rental car company will actually print a paper copy. The airlines and the second hotel emails will not print. I get no feedback as to why they don't print. they don't even show in the que. All were keyed in the same way. Why do some print and some do not?

:)

WilliamGentry2, Jul 9, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Printing

Hi,

Print Spooler service is your main connector with the printer, and if this service doesn’t work, you won’t be able to print your documents. To assist you with your printing concern, kindly refer to the troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1: Run the Printing Troubleshooter

We suggest that you click on this article and follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:
    Fix printer problems.

Method 2: Uninstall unnecessary printers

Having two or more printers installed can cause issues with the Print Spooler and printing. Follow the steps below to uninstall any unnecessary printers:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, locate Devices and Printers.
    • In Devices and Printers section select the printer you want to remove and click Print server properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab. You should see the list of all installed printers.
    • Select the printer you want to remove and click the Remove button.
    • Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to completely remove the printer.
    • After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Selective Print Problem

PDF Printing Problem With Edge

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you try to print?
    • What happens when you try to print?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open the PDF file which you want to print.
    • Click on the Ellipses which is at the top right hand corner of the Edge Browser.
    • Select Print option and then click ok.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Selective Print Problem

1. Selective Print Problem - Similar Threads - Selective Print Problem

2. Print to PDF, selected text is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF, selected text is blank: 1st I'll apologize that this is long and for placing in the wrong forum location. I have researched and tried quite a few potential solutions that I'll try to include. TL/DR: On a website, if there is a popup window, printing to PDF shows blank information for the selected...
  3. The command to print selection box.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The command to print selection box.: The print command box where it gives print options such as printer selection, Photo/landscape , paper size etc. used to show picture size such as 4x6, 5x7 etc.. It no longer does. can anyone help?...
  4. Printing problem when selecting "Wallet (9)" size/layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing problem when selecting "Wallet (9)" size/layout: When printing via Windows (right-click, Print) on multiple pictures and selecting for it to be printed in the "Wallet (9)" layout/size on A4 paper, they show up fine in the "Print Pictures" (see here) box but when viewing the print preview the pictures show up all broken with...
  5. when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer: I had a major Windows 10 crash unknown cause, assume automatic update Managed to get to function properly after booting safe mode. Can't find where to change the setting from 'Print to file' to print to my printer driver and settings OK. Thanks for any suggestions. Natalie...
  6. Print>Selection option not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print>Selection option not available: What happened to the Print>Selection option available after yesterday's (12/17/18) Windows 10 automatic update. **Original Title** Print>Selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printselection-option-not-available/18e9ce42-3e26-4428-805f-ca75656aecb3
  7. Print>Selection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print>Selection: What happened to the Print>Selection option available after yesterday's (12/17/18) Windows 10 automatic update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printselection/18e9ce42-3e26-4428-805f-ca75656aecb3
  8. selection printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    selection printing: Very disappointed that you can not print only a selection or highlighted selection of printing. This is not an improvement at all but a very dissatisfied change to find out that happened to your printing capability when you spend the money and go to a new system. It causes...
  9. Print selection

in Browsers and Email
    Print selection: How do I print just the selection in a Web page using Windows Edge? Thanks 13839
  10. Selecting Printing Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting Printing Size: With Windows XP, when I printed a shipping label on Ebay I could select the page size as a %. Now, with Windows 10, I cannot. The shipping label are PDFs. I can't edit their content, but I do want to be able to alter the size of the label to fit the size of the box. How do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. selective printing windows

2. can selective printing be done in edge

3. selective printing in windows 10