Windows 10: Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

Discus and support Selectively disable notifications in the action centre? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to selectively disable notifications in the Action Centre? I want notifications from Windows Update so I don't have Windows shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

Is there a way to selectively disable notifications in the Action Centre? I want notifications from Windows Update so I don't have Windows shut down unexpectedly to update itself, but I definitely don't want Facebook notifications because they never stop. Or is there a way to disable the notifications within the Facebook app? because I can't see one.

:)

ricecrispies, Feb 13, 2017

2. Alarm not working Release Windows 10 mobileO

Hi,

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I had this issue due to my disabling the action center notification, which it appears disabled the sound from the alarms application completely too. The notifications section is found under Settings / System / Notifications.
    If you have used the slider to disable the notification, it actually disables the sound too...

You can choose to disable just the action center notifications if you do it manually, but it appears that if you select the off switch, it actually overrides the alarm sounds too. It might be worth checking that you guys haven't done the same.

Steve Veitch, Feb 13, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    text message notification

If you want to permanently disable the Messaging Alert Tone .. got to settings-->notifications+actions-->Messaging .. and select 'None' under Notification sound.

farby, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

Thema:

Selectively disable notifications in the action centre?

1. Selectively disable notifications in the action centre? - Similar Threads - Selectively disable notifications

2. Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification Centre aka the Action Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  3. Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions

Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  4. Action centre and new notifications

Action centre and new notifications: The icon on the task bar wont open. have tried these options:- On the right end of thetaskbar, select the Action Center icon. Press the Windows logo key + A. On a touchscreen device, swipe in from the right edge of the screen the icon shows I have 3 notifications but nothing...
  5. Notifications and action centre not opening

Notifications and action centre not opening: Hi, I need help. I have Windows 10 and my notifications and action centre is not opening, no matter what I do. I have a video in this post showing what I mean. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU43kvNMjvk I did all of these things:...
  6. Windows 10 Outlook action centre notification

Windows 10 Outlook action centre notification: There is an issue with the notification in the bottom right corner of screen. When receiving outlook notifications the text is so zoomed in that you can not see the whole notification, it happens randomly, and doesn't happen with all emails received, there are duel screen...
  7. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...
  8. problem in opening notifications and action centre

problem in opening notifications and action centre: I tried to my notification and action centre. But it's not responding. please help me to solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/problem-in-opening-notifications-and-action-centre/7eae37fa-9857-4c03-82de-cf6fe6e5ae6b
  9. No option for Action Centre Notifications on a Secondary Screen?

No option for Action Centre Notifications on a Secondary Screen?: I would like to change the Action Centre notifications so that they pop up on my secondary screen instead of cluttering the space on the primary screen. The most common suggestion I see in old forum threads is unlocking the taskbar and moving the Action Centre icon to the...
  10. Action Centre strange notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Centre strange notification: I get a notification that keeps popping up in the action centre and does nothing when I click on it, it just fades away only to re-appear short time later. It's not causing me any issues, but I'd love to know what it means... Google doesn't come up with anything. All it says...