Self Help PC Troubleshooting Guides

Discus and support Self Help PC Troubleshooting Guides in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm brand new to your website. This is my first post here. I'm looking for some self help guides / tutorials for PC troubleshooting - new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Morgan123, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Morgan123 Win User

Hello, I'm brand new to your website. This is my first post here.

I'm looking for some self help guides / tutorials for PC troubleshooting - new Custom Desktop Builds.

1) Such as, dead Desktop Computer, no fans, no lights, no nothing....dead!

2) Blank Monitor, but fans spin.

3) Blank Monitor, suck in boot loop.

Don't like reading long drawn out explanations; I like tutorials which get right to the point.

Would prefer, by the numbers type format.

Step 1: Swap PSU
    Step 2: Swap Monitor
    Step 3: R&R all Cable connections, make sure you haven't plugged the 8 pin power cable in backwards.

Are there any PC troubleshooting guides like this on your website. Not sure, how to look them up here.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks ! *Smile

:)

Morgan123, Jul 6, 2018
  2. tamo Win User
    tamo, Jul 6, 2018
  3. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Jul 6, 2018
  4. AmericanPharaoh Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Self Help PC Troubleshooting Guides - Similar Threads - Self Help Troubleshooting

2. Windows Updates are slowly degrading my laptop, How can I stop the from self-installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates are slowly degrading my laptop, How can I stop the from self-installing: Every time a new update is passed to my laptop I lose speed a functionality, permanently. At first it was an inconvenience but now forced-obsoletion is really taking its toll. I've been able to hold it at bay by disabling auto-updates and then uninstalling the updates...
  3. mse auto update via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mse auto update via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...: It started week ago (i checked it on 2 win7 machines and different networks as well) i get every day windows update pop up that annoys me. there is no problem manually update MSE. is it a general known issue? any idea how to solve it ? EDIT- just noticed : if i wait...
  4. mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mse auto update ONLY via windows updte, and not by it self as it used to...: It started week ago (i checked it on 2 win7 machines and different networks as well) there is no problem manually update MSE. is it a general known issue? any idea how to solve it ?...
  5. How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions: I'm trying to add "SELF" to the group of "users & groups" that need Launch and Activation Permission for the DCOM app named RuntimeBroker. If I click on the "Add" button, "SELF" is not listed as either a Group or user. So, I'm thinking maybe I need to enter it with a...
  6. Chromium - self installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium - self installed: Would appreciate your assistance! Have a friends laptop where Chromium installed on its own, and keeps popping up when the computer starts. Went to Task Manager/Startup, and Disabled 3 entries of Chromium. However, they cannot be deleted. Next, found my way to...
  7. How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?: About self-signing drivers: check in with Fernando (Dieter, the owner/operator) at Win-RAID.com. He's been doing that for years because of all the driver mods he posts on his site. Once you load his certificate, you can also load and use any of his drivers. It's a fair amount...
  8. Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad update seems to cause sporadic self-reboots. How to handle?: I have been having recurring problems with system just suddenly rebooting itself. Using info from many threads here I have been able to look at the Reliability Monitor and pinpoint the date when all the problems started. Viewing tech details showed a LOT of "MS Edge stopped...
  9. PC turns it self on at 3pm

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns it self on at 3pm: Agreed. It looks like a wake up schedule for Acronis.
  10. Self-healing glass discovered by accident

in Windows 10 News
    Self-healing glass discovered by accident: [img] New type of polymer glass that can mend itself when pressed together is in development by University of Tokyo after a student discovered it. Japanese researchers say they have developed a new type of glass that can heal itself from cracks and breaks. Glass...