Windows 10: Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

Discus and support Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johncassell, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left users unable to login for an hour while it forced the update on us.

Luckily we only have a handful of Win 10 PCs and decided to leave the rest on 7 (wise move I'm now thinking!)

Anyway aside from that frustration, everything seems to be working except that our self-signed certificates no longer work.

We are using Excel 2003 and have macro security set to HIGH. The spreadsheets are still signed with our certificate but now Excel just treats these spreadsheets as if the cert doesn't exist. Has anyone else experienced this and could help please?

Thanks
    John

:)

johncassell, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

can not log in to corporate mail server

If you're using self-signed certificates, you need to manually import the certificate to your phone. Windows Phone does not automatically import self-signed certificate for security reasons, unlike iOS and Android since self-signed certificates are often
    used in spoofing.

Entegy, Oct 2, 2016
  3. 6680 CA certificates

You should have two certificates. One is the self-signed certificate, and one is the root CA certificate that you used to sign the self-signed certificate. Put them both in the same .crt file in that order, upload them to your server and tell Apache to
    use that certificate file.

If that doesn't work, by all means try uploading it to your phone, but I suspect that if it still doesn't work then the phone just doesn't like self-signed certificates.

hiltonian---01, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

i have a similar problem. Microsoft are not interested in solving what is a major problem for users of digital certificates

tuckswood8, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

1. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update - Similar Threads - Self Signed Certificates

2. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  3. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...: Statement of the Problem: An invalid self-signed CA certificate which all browsers says it's using, can't be found by standard Windows tools so it can be removed.Background: I have a small self-hosted environment in Docker on Windows 10. I've identified a bogus CA certificate...
  4. An invalid [self-signed] CA certificate exists on Windows 10 Pro, but...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM: Good evening folks,I'm currently exploring making a USB software stick created with MECM more secure by password protecting it and assigning the self signed certificate during the task sequence standalone media creation which lets it expire. I've searched quite a bit and...
  6. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM: Good evening folks,I'm currently exploring making a USB software stick created with MECM more secure by password protecting it and assigning the self signed certificate during the task sequence standalone media creation which lets it expire. I've searched quite a bit and...
  7. Self signed certificate used to expire standalone media MECM

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ftps with self-signed certificate. Remote access issue: Hi,Sorry I’m not very experienced with this topic. As the title suggests, I created a self signed certificate and set up a ftp over ssl with port 21 explicit. Than forwarded the 21 port in my router and assigned an external one. I’m able to connect to it locally, with the pc...
  9. Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 News
    Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script: Hello everyone, I’m Preston K. Parsard, specializing in Platforms, Azure Infrastructure and Automation topics, and I’d like to share some insights for securing PowerShell credentials using certificates. This post is based on a recent customer project, but we’ll also wrap a...
  10. How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?: About self-signing drivers: check in with Fernando (Dieter, the owner/operator) at Win-RAID.com. He's been doing that for years because of all the driver mods he posts on his site. Once you load his certificate, you can also load and use any of his drivers. It's a fair amount...