Windows 10: Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

Discus and support Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johncassell, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

Morning all, annoyingly Windows decided to update itself over the weekend and rebooted my PC. This also happened with a few other work PCs and left users unable to login for an hour while it forced the update on us.

Luckily we only have a handful of Win 10 PCs and decided to leave the rest on 7 (wise move I'm now thinking!)

Anyway aside from that frustration, everything seems to be working except that our self-signed certificates no longer work.

We are using Excel 2003 and have macro security set to HIGH. The spreadsheets are still signed with our certificate but now Excel just treats these spreadsheets as if the cert doesn't exist. Has anyone else experienced this and could help please?

Thanks
    John

:)

johncassell, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

can not log in to corporate mail server

If you're using self-signed certificates, you need to manually import the certificate to your phone. Windows Phone does not automatically import self-signed certificate for security reasons, unlike iOS and Android since self-signed certificates are often
    used in spoofing.

Entegy, Oct 2, 2016
  3. 6680 CA certificates

You should have two certificates. One is the self-signed certificate, and one is the root CA certificate that you used to sign the self-signed certificate. Put them both in the same .crt file in that order, upload them to your server and tell Apache to
    use that certificate file.

If that doesn't work, by all means try uploading it to your phone, but I suspect that if it still doesn't work then the phone just doesn't like self-signed certificates.

hiltonian---01, Oct 2, 2016
  4. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

i have a similar problem. Microsoft are not interested in solving what is a major problem for users of digital certificates

tuckswood8, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update

1. Self-Signed Certificates no longer working since update - Similar Threads - Self Signed Certificates

2. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  3. kb4477137 mail no longer syncs since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4477137 mail no longer syncs since update: after this update I can no longer edit send or receive gmail through mail, I tried various fixes, I am unable to uninstall the app, there is no option, I am unable to uninstall the update again there is no option My user is administrator....
  4. Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 News
    Secure Credentials with Self-Signed Certificates for PowerShell Script: Hello everyone, I’m Preston K. Parsard, specializing in Platforms, Azure Infrastructure and Automation topics, and I’d like to share some insights for securing PowerShell credentials using certificates. This post is based on a recent customer project, but we’ll also wrap a...
  5. Self Extracting file no longer opens after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self Extracting file no longer opens after last update: I'm trying to open a self extracting file to download a firmware update for a camera. Nothing happens when I click open or run as administrator. This same file worked just fine in November when I downloaded it for another camera. After hitting open 10 times or so I can...
  6. Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work: Since the latest windows 10 update Photoshop elements 15 will no longer work It will launch but then when I try to do anything get various error messages. It was working fine the day before the upgrade...
  7. Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with digital certificates since Anniversary Update: HI Since performing the Anniversary Update 3 days ago, I have been unable to access my digital certificates used for identification and signing emails. When I try to access a site that I need the certificate for, I now get the message that no certificate has been received...
  8. Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer E5-511 touchpad no longer working since windows 10 update.: Maybe 8 months ago i updated my Acer E5-511-C1WE laptop from windows 8 - Windows 10. It defeated me but now im back! After the update everything was working fine bar the touch pad, When i start up the laptop and windows loads the touch pad will work for maybe a second then...
  9. some buttons no longer work since the upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    some buttons no longer work since the upgrade: Windows finally bullied me into upgrading to Win10 from Win7 yesterday. Now some things that used to be clickable aren't. Like this little window, for example.... nothing on it responds to the mouseovers OR clicks. [img] Any advice? 30710
  10. How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign Powershell profile w/ self-signed certificate?: About self-signing drivers: check in with Fernando (Dieter, the owner/operator) at Win-RAID.com. He's been doing that for years because of all the driver mods he posts on his site. Once you load his certificate, you can also load and use any of his drivers. It's a fair amount...