Windows 10: Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

Discus and support Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer. I thought... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SteveGPhoto, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer.

I thought all I needed to set up a new admin account, log in to that and delete my account from there but the account set up (for the new admin account) keeps asking for an email address or phone number.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? :)

:)

SteveGPhoto, Jul 15, 2018

2. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer.

I thought all I needed to set up a new admin account, log in to that and delete my account from there but the account set up (for the new admin account) keeps asking for an email address or phone number.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? :)

SteveGPhoto, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

Resetting a PC to sell on

Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is uninstalled and removed before selling on. Presumably that option to 'reset this pc' will return it to how it was when I turned it on the first time having been delivered from the manufacturer?

Once reset, what happens to the laptop which is listed under 'Devices' if I view my Microsoft account in a browser. At the moment I see my current desktop and this laptop listed under devices. Will it automatically dis-associate itself from my account and disappear from this list or will I need to remove it? We have a family account setup, so the laptop also currently shows under 'devices' my wife's account and my son's child account. Will these also disappear? Basically once sold I do not want any trace of the laptop on our Microsoft accounts. Presumably there will be no unforeseen knock on effect for our MS accounts on our desktop which will be keeping.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

1. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? - Similar Threads - Selling Laptop Remove

2. Removal of account from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removal of account from my laptop: How can I remove my account from a laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-account-from-my-laptop/a4553cdc-e8dd-4b05-b7fc-2d458e6955c8"
  3. Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons: Hi, I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 laptop with windows 10. However, it hasn't got the hard drive memory capacity I thought it did and I am going to sell it. Obviously, before I sell it I want to remove my admin account, which is linked to my microsoft account, as so much...
  4. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  5. Selling Win10 laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selling Win10 laptop.: How do I deactivate Windows 10 so I can sell a laptop and have the new owner reactivate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selling-win10-laptop/dde98ebb-e568-4373-90a1-3a0328e9e639"
  6. Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop

Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop: Hi, I have a school account which I used to login it with Microsoft service in my laptop, but after I quit the university, I could no longer to log in this account anymore. But this account is still in my laptop and always ask me there is problem with logging in it. I try to...
  7. reset laptop to sell it.

reset laptop to sell it.: I have windows 10 laptop that I want to sell. What's the best way to reset it so it will no longer have my info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-laptop-to-sell-it/81b9e579-79b0-427d-a974-2539faa2f8da
  8. How to remove this account from my computer!

How to remove this account from my computer!: I have a couple questions. (1) I have a new laptop, and I allowed my wife to use it for a bit for a project she needed to do. She kept saying, "I figured out all the passwords." I didn't know what that meant. I was very confused. After an hour or so I looked at the screen...
  9. Remove my account

Remove my account: I recently sold my laptop, how do I remove my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-my-account/98aed3e8-a5eb-46da-979a-3201a055b52c
  10. Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?: As the title says, my old laptop was stolen how do I remove access to my Microsoft account form it? 46562

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to take my microsoft account off a laptop when selling it ?

2. selling pc how to remove name from account

3. what happens when i remove my laptop from microsoft account

4. what do you do if you are selling the laptop that as microsoft account?,
  5. sell pc delete account,
  6. how to remove an account on my laptop ready for selling