Windows 10: Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

Discus and support Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer. I thought... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SteveGPhoto, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer.

I thought all I needed to set up a new admin account, log in to that and delete my account from there but the account set up (for the new admin account) keeps asking for an email address or phone number.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? :)

:)

SteveGPhoto, Jul 15, 2018

2. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

As the thread title suggests, I am in the process of selling my laptop and need to remove my account before sending it off to the new buyer.

I thought all I needed to set up a new admin account, log in to that and delete my account from there but the account set up (for the new admin account) keeps asking for an email address or phone number.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? :)

SteveGPhoto, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

Resetting a PC to sell on

Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is uninstalled and removed before selling on. Presumably that option to 'reset this pc' will return it to how it was when I turned it on the first time having been delivered from the manufacturer?

Once reset, what happens to the laptop which is listed under 'Devices' if I view my Microsoft account in a browser. At the moment I see my current desktop and this laptop listed under devices. Will it automatically dis-associate itself from my account and disappear from this list or will I need to remove it? We have a family account setup, so the laptop also currently shows under 'devices' my wife's account and my son's child account. Will these also disappear? Basically once sold I do not want any trace of the laptop on our Microsoft accounts. Presumably there will be no unforeseen knock on effect for our MS accounts on our desktop which will be keeping.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account?

1. Selling Laptop - How To Remove My Account? - Similar Threads - Selling Laptop Remove

2. Selling my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  3. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  4. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Selling Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling Laptop: getting my Laptop ready to sell or donate, I used the Microsoft Windows 10 fresh Install....no personal files saved....but it did read files were saved in a folder named Windows.old.During the initial setup....it required 1 I enter the name of person using laptop2 Sign in...
  6. Selling Laptop

Selling Laptop: I am selling my laptop. I have removed all personal data and programs that will not be authorized. How do I get rid of my code and password and personal data without impacting my other computers?Thanks,Dennis...
  7. Removing PC from Microsoft Account after selling it

Removing PC from Microsoft Account after selling it: Hi I have sold my PC to someone else but didnt have time to do a reinstall of Windows. Just wondering what will happen if i now remove the PC from my Microsoft Account. Will it mess with his computer? Ideally I would have fully wiped the PC and reinstalled windows bedore...
  8. Removing microsoft account from laptop to sell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing microsoft account from laptop to sell: Hi, I'm planning on selling a laptop I don't use anymore, i've reset the laptop so it's fresh however when I go to email and accounts in settings, it says 'accounts used by other apps' and my microsoft account is listed their so my account is still linked to the laptop? My...
  9. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  10. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i remove my microsoft account from laptop as i am selling it

2. how take off my microsoft account from laptop for selling

3. how to take my microsoft account off a laptop when selling it ?

4. selling pc how to remove name from account,
  5. what happens when i remove my laptop from microsoft account,
  6. what do you do if you are selling the laptop that as microsoft account?,
  7. sell pc delete account,
  8. how to remove an account on my laptop ready for selling