Windows 10: Selling Laptop need advice to clean my Windows 10

Discus and support Selling Laptop need advice to clean my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am selling my Asus laptop on Ebay and need to ship it to the buyer with a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update (not a Preview or Insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jm44jg39, Nov 16, 2017.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

Selling Laptop need advice to clean my Windows 10

I am selling my Asus laptop on Ebay and need to ship it to the buyer with a clean install of Windows 10 Creators Update (not a Preview or Insider version). I don't want my MS Account associated with this PC. What should I change and point me in the right direction.
    The laptop came with Windows 8 and I did the free update to Windows 10.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!

:)

jm44jg39, Nov 16, 2017

2. cleanup before sale

how do I clean up my laptop before selling it?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

rameshrattan, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Problem with reseting my Windows 10 to factory settings

Hi, when i try to reset my HP laptop to factory settings, the process stops at 6% and I get an error message that ''There was a problem resetting your PC." with my only option being to click cancel. I tried few times and always
    get to the same point.

Can you please advice on how to proceed? I would like to wipe it clean (all data and apps) as I'm selling my laptop.

MargaretGasinska, Nov 16, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Use the Media Creation tool to download latest ISO of Windows 10 from here -
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10.
    Choose option to create media for another PC and pick ISO choice vs DVD. Mount and run setup.exe to install. When presented with choice, elect to "Keep nothing" which will trigger a clean install which will wipe everything incl all your personal info and files.
    The key will be retrieved from MS activation serves from your hardware configuration, so no need to enter key or anything. When install is done, leave it at the point where the OS asks "Who will be using this computer" and leave it to buyer to complete setup from there. Good Luck

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    No need to download ISO tool.
    Open Settings...Update and Security.....Recovery....see attachment

dencal, Nov 16, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Good alternative if the laptop has already updated to Fall Creators. If not, a matter of letting next user do it.

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Selling Laptop need advice to clean my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selling Laptop need

2. Selling my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  3. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selling my laptop: I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, buthardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that itcame with when I purchased it...
  4. Selling my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Selling Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling Laptop: getting my Laptop ready to sell or donate, I used the Microsoft Windows 10 fresh Install....no personal files saved....but it did read files were saved in a folder named Windows.old.During the initial setup....it required 1 I enter the name of person using laptop2 Sign in...
  6. clean laptop for selling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    clean laptop for selling: I am going to retire a lap top. It and my desktop PC have windows 10 Home, running Chrome. When I scrub my personal data from the laptop, will that action remove anything from the desktop also?...
  7. Advice on recuva and selling hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on recuva and selling hard drive: I have just sold a laptop for a good price and had intended to replace the hard drive with a new one before sale. However I can't get the hard drive cover off as there are a couple of deeply embedded screws with broken threads, so decided to leave the drive in and wipe it a...
  8. Selling of company laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling of company laptop with windows 10: I still have an old company laptop (Dell Latitude from 2016) that no one is asking about. IT gave me a new laptop a year ago. As the old laptop still works I thought about selling it. I already installed Windows 10 as it was running Windows 7 and had a couple of other...
  9. Going to W10, need advice on laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Going to W10, need advice on laptop.: Going to W 10, need advice on laptop. Currently I have an MSI 17" laptop with 256GB ssd w?W7 Pro 32 bit. And it has been the best PC Ive owned in 30 yr.Still get several hr on orig batt. My computing is done "ABOVE the CODE & HDWE." HVerave been an info mgr, analyzer for 50...
  10. Advice for a Windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice for a Windows 10 clean install: Hello Everyone, I would like to do a clean install on my HP dv6 laptop with a primary 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD with a secondary 1 TB Toshiba HDD 5400rpm (installed in the DVD bay) and was hoping to get some advice on best way to perform a clean install of Windows 10 while...